What is the definition of an accessible card?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
choco_bear

What is the definition of an accessible card?

Post by choco_bear »

I'm in the middle of a game currently & my opponent has just constructed a wonder with a card that I believed to be unavailable. If it is partially covered then you can't play it right?

Reading the rules it says "On your turn, you must choose an “accessible” card in the card structure and play it. An accessible card is a card which isn’t partially covered by other cards."

They played card number 1 first to construct a wonder, which gave them another go, then they played number 2. Is that correct??
Screenshot 2021-01-04 090428.jpg
Screenshot 2021-01-04 090428.jpg (87.31 KiB) Viewed 777 times
MoiMagnus

Re: What is the definition of an accessible card?

Post by MoiMagnus »

Your screenshot is not a valid game position. Both the cards "1" and "2" cannot be taken yet and the two brown cards should have been face-down and not face-up. You should fill a bug report.

Chances are that your opponent didn't have the cards in the same order than you do, with the card "1" being swapped with the caravansary. So in his view, the card 1 was accessible, and by taking it it uncovered the card 2 which he took.
choco_bear

Re: What is the definition of an accessible card?

Post by choco_bear »

MoiMagnus wrote: 04 January 2021, 10:16 Your screenshot is not a valid game position. Both the cards "1" and "2" cannot be taken yet and the two brown cards should have been face-down and not face-up. You should fill a bug report.

Chances are that your opponent didn't have the cards in the same order than you do, with the card "1" being swapped with the caravansary. So in his view, the card 1 was accessible, and by taking it it uncovered the card 2 which he took.
Thank you. I've reported it now. I thought I was going mad with the rules!

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”