Never enough players in Arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lou1990lou

Never enough players in Arena

Post by Lou1990lou »

In every other game that I choose to play i Arena realtime mode I find enough people within the 10 min "choosing" slot. In Via Magica I have not once been able to do so.

Is there a possibility of making it less players i the arena games?
Een

Re: Never enough players in Arena

Post by Een »

I have updated the setting to 3 players. Hope it helps starting games more easily. That's a very nice game for the arena :)
Lou1990lou

Post by Lou1990lou »

Thank you!
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

Een wrote: 19 January 2021, 19:12 I have updated the setting to 3 players. Hope it helps starting games more easily. That's a very nice game for the arena :)
Still really hard to find games and I agree that's a perfect arena game.
Any thoughts on lowering it to 2 player?
Tricuspa

Post by Tricuspa »

Honestly the game is best played with three and possibly four since deciding when you've opened enough portals is really critical in a two player I just don't see that happening.

I have had success playing turn-based to always find an arena game, real-time is much harder I try to encourage someone join in the General Messages since it is a premium game and you should have permissions.

Wish folks luck, as I really enjoy this game!
Leikyn

Post by Leikyn »

Sorry for digging up this thread again, but do you think going back to 2 players Arena game for Season 5 could be an option? Waiting time is still too long, and after being able to try both 2 and 3 players settings during season 3 and 4, 2 players games feel much more satisfying (personal opinion obviously).
Thanks !
Tricuspa

Post by Tricuspa »

You got your wish and now its just a totally random game. What portals you have to choose from and how lucky the draws are there is only timing denial. This not fun, but maybe I can get guru with so many games played. :(
csimpson

Post by csimpson »

Absolutely. I was about to post the same thing, and I chatted to somebody else I regularly encounter who also agreed. I can usually predict the outcome just from the 6 starting cards each player gets. It's true that I don't have to wait as long for a game, but I'm still playing the same people over and over again, and the games are far less enjoyable. I voted against this change for the current season but I never imagined it would be quite this bad.
Tricuspa

Post by Tricuspa »

Thanks Csimpson for your agreement.

Just keep playing if you aren't already in the guru there. I will definitely request three, I'd prefer four but wait time would probably be too long for many players.

Return to “Via Magica”