2p: turn 2/3/4 without conventions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Romain672

2p: turn 2/3/4 without conventions

Post by Romain672 »

Hi,
I got a question because lots of players are checking what I already see, sometimes in both turns 2&4.
But it just seem (very) bad to me.

When I ask them they just said they check one new and one of the other.

But the point to use hint is to give the information of what you see, which let the other player check new cards.

Per example, let said the other player saw two cards turn 1 he put far away* (let said they are green and red).
Then you see a (new) red and a purple you put far away*.
Then the other player check two new cards (one red and one blue) and put two cards together (the two red), and put a hint on one of the two which is red/blue**.

So now it's your second turn. You check a new tile:
- if it's blue, you could check the no-hint red/blue card (which is red) and then put a third red (but only at your second view because you want to move a blue or a red, not the first one)
- if it's red, it became really unlikely the two others cards are red (=1/12). You can assume safely they are both blue and act in consequence (while not putting a hint on it which could cost the game. They are still two red 8% of the time). At the same, in the following turns, if you see one more red (50% if they are both blues, 0% if they are both red) you will be sure they are both blues. If you see one more blue (50% if they are both blues, 100% if they are both red), the chance to already seen 4 red increases but are still unlikely (20%). And so you can act accordingly.
And so, you can check a new tile.
- if it's purple, you can check a new tile and put purples together
- if it's green, you can check a new tile:
* if it's green or purple you can put the green or purples together
* if it's red, we are in the case above. That mean, you can assume the 2 red/blues are blue, and put red together
* if it's blue, you got the worst outcome (7%). Just a put a blue or red next to the center and the two red/blue and work from there.

*it's not what I do, but that's the idea and another debate.
**yes sometimes you haven't that hint, but you can have it a lot of the time.

And that's all.
I saw way too many players playing 'simple' by checking what I already see, and that's just not the essence of the game imo. You just drastiquely reduces the point/the fun of the game (which is 'misscommunication' ) by playing worst. In my opinion :(

Return to “Yokai”