New Design

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
8o0O0o8

New Design

Post by 8o0O0o8 »

The new design bites the eyes!!! I personally really don't like to play Jaipur anymore with the new design. It hurts the eyes and the brain cells. :oops: It is a really beautiful design but not for a game that we are playing since a long time with the original colors and design. You can give theses colors and new drawings to new games but not to an old game. Chess players also don't play with any other chess figures than the old original ones.
Een

Re: New Design

Post by Een »

During a game, check out top right menu / preferences.
Calypso88

Post by Calypso88 »

I liked that everything was a bit larger and easier to read values on tokens. I like the old green, too, but am willing to give the new orange a chance.
8o0O0o8

Post by 8o0O0o8 »

Een wrote: 01 December 2020, 22:45 During a game, check out top right menu / preferences.
Thank you very much Een. Changed the design. Much better now :)
nairobiny

Post by nairobiny »

8o0O0o8 wrote: 01 December 2020, 19:29 Chess players also don't play with any other chess figures than the old original ones.
In fact, nothing could be further from the truth.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Just an additional comment, but BGA did not make a random decision to change the artwork: the publisher did. If you buy a newly-printed physical copy now, guess which graphics you are going to get. :)
Slook

Post by Slook »

Hello,
I just tried the new design and can only agree with the first message on that board: it is simply horrible for the eyes !
BGA please, please offer the options to switch back to the older design.

S.
Een

Post by Een »

Slook wrote: 21 December 2020, 14:30 Hello,
I just tried the new design and can only agree with the first message on that board: it is simply horrible for the eyes !
BGA please, please offer the options to switch back to the older design.

S.
Just read the second message too :D
Athanagilde

Post by Athanagilde »

Een wrote: 01 December 2020, 22:45 During a game, check out top right menu / preferences.
Thanks for the tip. Would be just perfect if this option was available when creating the game. New design really is difficult to read on a tiny screen...
Een

Post by Een »

Athanagilde wrote: 27 January 2021, 02:46
Thanks for the tip. Would be just perfect if this option was available when creating the game. New design really is difficult to read on a tiny screen...
Well it's a player preference. Each player has to choose by themselves what they prefer, so this cannot be an admin defined option for the table. Probably there would be ways to make player preferences more easy to notice, but that's got to be in-game.

Return to “Jaipur”