Can I create games to observe only?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
DPBibliotecario

Can I create games to observe only?

Post by DPBibliotecario »

Hello, I would like to teach five or six people to play chess and wondered if it is possible for me (as a premium member) to set up these games and invite friends to play, with me just observing their games so that I can tell them how the pieces move etc.
compte obelète

Re: Can I create games to observe only?

Post by compte obelète »

DPBibliotecario wrote: 28 January 2021, 04:55 Hello, I would like to teach five or six people to play chess and wondered if it is possible for me (as a premium member) to set up these games and invite friends to play, with me just observing their games so that I can tell them how the pieces move etc.
no, but you could ask the two friends to join each others, then you tell them strat an stuff in training mode.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

You can in a very long winded way by creating a private tournament, and then inviting your friends.
DPBibliotecario

Post by DPBibliotecario »

Thank you! Would I be able to see their games in a tournament?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Yes, and I guess it might be possible to set the tournament up to play multiple games against each other.

Although I would recommend not to use a tournament, and just to get one of them to invite the other to a game. The 'rematch' button afterwards is a one-click repeat.

Return to “Chess”