RES ARCANA : The critically acclaimed and multi-awarded game is available NOW!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

RES ARCANA : The critically acclaimed and multi-awarded game is available NOW!

Post by DrClick »

Yes, you read it right!
RES ARCANA is available right now, live on Board Game Arena!

It's beautiful, it's smart, it's fast, and it's for 2 to 4 players!

Don't ask for expansions right now: if the game meets the expectations (i.e. is played by many), there will be one. Or two. Or more?
Who knows. We need people to know about the game before planning them ;)
So, for now, invite people, friends or relatives: it's time to play !

You don't know about this gem designed by Tom Lehmann?

Here is the pitch :
In a high tower, an Alchemist prepares potions, using vials filled with otherworldly fluids. In a sacred grove, a Druid grinds herbs for a mystical ritual. In the catacombs, a Necromancer summons a bone dragon... Welcome to the world of Res Arcana!

In it, Life, Death, Elan, Calm, and Gold are the essences that fuel the art of magic. Choose your mage, gather essences, craft unique artifacts, and use them to summon dragons, conquer places of power, and achieve victory!

You can imagine how impatient we were of releasing such a lovely game.
This game does a lot with very little. With a small hand of cards, you have to take care on how you'll use them.
Collecting resources to get other cards, optimizing your own deck: it's fascinating.

Very smooth, easy to teach, it's a wonderful brain burning experience.

Many adjectives can be used to describe it.
It's time to make your own opinion about it, by clicking this link to get to the game page:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=resarcana

Richly illustrated by Julien Delval, Res Arcana offers a unique gaming experience, for the family or any geeky gamers!

Kennerspiel Des Jahres award, As d'Or award, Tric Trac Nominee, Meeple's Choice Award, Golden Geek Best Card Game and many others, it can't be a mistake: this game is brilliantly simple, deep and fun.

We wanted to thank our developers: darhf and lordalx, working together in the shadows to make this game available as soon as possible, and to create for you the best possible experience out of it.
We also want to thank Sand Castle Games and Thomas Lehmann for their cooperation and help in bringing Res Arcana on BGA.

:arrow: Please note: as it's an early release (we need to hide some games till release if we want to make a real surprise - Too many people are publishing about BETA versions ;) ) translations are still in progress for many languages.
Remember that you can help translating BGA by going to the Translation page: it will bring you points to get a Premium access for free.
If you wanna help, it's time!

Enjoy it as much as you can, we have a lot more surprises in preparation for you :P
PS: We will keep Wednesday releases, but some of you also noted that we were releasing games also during the other days. That's totally normal.
We have too much love to share!

PPS : Kudos to @Vmazuka for his strong support of the game, especially on the French Twitter community. You rule !
Shazzypaz

Re: RES ARCANA : The critically acclaimed and multi-awarded game is available NOW!

Post by Shazzypaz »

This is still in Alpha? The post says it's an early release. The link brings me to an alpha reviewer page.
DrClick

Re: RES ARCANA : The critically acclaimed and multi-awarded game is available NOW!

Post by DrClick »

Shazzypaz wrote: 03 February 2021, 13:03 This is still in Alpha? The post says it's an early release. The link brings me to an alpha reviewer page.
We release the news in the forums first; a bit earlier to manage the translations, but official release time for Wednesday releases are always at 2PM CEST ;)
andrewroy39

Post by andrewroy39 »

Top 5 game of all time for me, and my favorite to ever come to BGA. This is unbelievably exciting and a fantastic choice. Also, FYI on expansions, there's only one that exists right now.
DrClick

Post by DrClick »

andrewroy39 wrote: 03 February 2021, 15:19 Top 5 game of all time for me, and my favorite to ever come to BGA. This is unbelievably exciting and a fantastic choice. Also, FYI on expansions, there's only one that exists right now.
FYI : we have informations ;)
JimboXiii

Post by JimboXiii »

the comment expansions was a touch passive aggressive!
Appleton

Post by Appleton »

Hooray! This is a great game!
atmpoison

Post by atmpoison »

Great! thx ;)
EarlGrey

Post by EarlGrey »

So amazing. I love this game!!!!! :)
cosmoddd

Post by cosmoddd »

Id play this game again and again. Yes!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”