DrClick

Abyss: Nobody can beat us, Fry us and eat us, In fricasseeeeee

Post by DrClick »

We what the land folks loves to cook
Under the sea we off the hook
We got no troubles
Life is the bubbles
Under the seaaaaaaaaaa...

Big news today: Abyss, the worldwide acclaimed game awarded multiple times and designed by
Bruno Cathala (Mister Jack, Kingdomino, 7 Wonders Duel) & Charles Chevalier (Kanagawa, Jurassic, Micropolis)
is available NOW!

To celebrate the event, we have many things to tell you.
But first: What is Abyss?

If you've been living in a cave under the sea for years, you might have missed one of the most amazing Auction Building / Card Drafting / Hand Management / Push your Luck game of the last decade. And gorgeous artwork.
It's suited for 2 to 4 players, and will last for something around 30 minutes, depending on your knowledge of the game (and your skills).

Abyss is a game of development, combination and collection in which players try to take control of strategic locations in an underwater city. To achieve this, players must develop on three levels: first by collecting allies, then using them to recruit Lords of the Abyss, who will then grant access to different parts of the city. Players acquire cards through a draft of sorts, and the Lords of the Abyss acquired on those cards grant special powers to the cardholder — but once you use the cards to acquire a location, that power is shut off, so players need to time their land grabs well in order to put themselves in the best position for when the game ends.

Abyss is a solid game with unique mechanics. It's easy to teach and it plays quickly, making it a great light to medium-weight option for those who are drawn to the theme and gameplay mechanisms.

You can see the game in action, as well as gather more informations right here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=abyss

Don't forget that you can try the game in "training mode", to learn quickly about the game and to be able to dive in it within a few minutes.
Also, you can help translate the cards in many languages, if you master the rules, and get gift points.

So, what's next today ?
STREAM CANCELED - Following the game release, there will be a French stream event hosted by Bruno Cathala, Charles Chevallier and Erwan from Bombyx.
A full game with tips and stories about the game, and during the event you will be able to ask any questions about the game. If it's in English, we will answer in English.
Come watch us play TODAY at 9PM CET (Paris time) on Facebook, Twitch and Youtube. STREAM CANCELED

GIMME MORE!
Ok, ok... So what about a tournament?
But not your average tournament.
A 64 spots limited tournament with a BIG reward.

How to get in ?
First phase: priority will be given to the pre-registered people from the official Abyss Universe Community on Facebook (limited to 20 places). You can join them here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/abysstheuniverse from 21st to 23rd February 2021.
Second phase: Open registration to all for the remaining seats (till 64), from 24th February to 28th February 2021.

All details will be given on the community page or by the publisher, Bombyx, on social medias.

GIMME MOAR !
Ok, ok... SO what about the expansions?
Of course, there is always someone asking about it as soon as the game is released.
The only information we can tell you for now is: there's no reason not to have them developped if there is enough players enjoying the game. So you just have to wait.
Will Abyss beat 7 Wonders or Res Arcana? The power is in your hands.

I ASKED FOR MORE!
Well, what about getting some fishes or sea-based nutrients today for lunch? That's the closest mood you can get to the Abyss Universe right now.

We would like to thank, as always, our wonderful developper, Archduke, for the work he has made here. The game should be as playable on tablets than on computers or phones. For the last option, don't forget to tilt your phone to use landscape mode, it gives better results.
Our warmest thanks also to the people from the publisher Bombyx, Erwann and Yann, and of course to the game designers, Bruno and Charles, for their support into bringing this gem to BGA.

Now, it's time for you to get your fins and tails into this game.
You won't regret it.

Ya we in luck here
Down in the muck here
Under the seaaaa....
CraftyBird

Re: Abyss: Nobody can beat us, Fry us and eat us, In fricasseeeeee

Post by CraftyBird »

And....another nod to the Simpsons. If I had to guess, I'd say something like Codenames: The Simpsons Edition might be on the way.
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

YES! Abyss adaptation to BGA is FANTASTIC!

Congrats to the developers and thank you from the community! Great game!

That simpsons recurrent exhibition is becoming more intriguing every news. I see people making bad comments, that it deviates the attention to the game itself, but... to mee it's kind of cool, and I do think there's more of simply adding a funny character there.

I believe there might be some hidden message on it. but no clue to guess it....

Seems a treasure hunt from BGA, but I cannot find any tips on where to start...

I'm adding a post in the Forum, for this particular discussion. If anybody wants to join for this hunt, just meet me in the forum!
WillBePlayin

Post by WillBePlayin »

Still no front page news about BGA selling to Asmodee. Did you know about it?

Still that stupid Flanders in every image. The joke has run it's course weeks ago.
Mara Inara

Post by Mara Inara »

Oh please, I hope bga has not been sold to asmodee. Asmodee apps are so buggy and often crash on my iPad
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

I admit I know nothing about this game but the video/art looks quite amazing and definitely want to try it! I will add it to my long list of games to try.
atmpoison

Post by atmpoison »

Redacción de cartas... :?
mackowy

Post by mackowy »

You guys ARE amazing!
twenty9oh7

Post by twenty9oh7 »

Under Asmodee
Under Asmodee
BGA will be better
Don't be a fretter
Just look at FFG

:lol:
towehaal

Post by towehaal »

Mara Inara wrote: 17 February 2021, 16:17 Oh please, I hope bga has not been sold to asmodee. Asmodee apps are so buggy and often crash on my iPad
Yep, check the forums and any boardgame blog. Big news.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”