Unfair rules at draw games

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
aesche

Re: Unfair rules at draw games

Post by aesche »

Pentanick wrote: 24 February 2021, 22:01 The problem is: Every beginner can play a draw against the very best in Mill's. Not always, but it does happen. The chess comparison is lame and does not show any knowledge of the game. And then there are the beginners for whom a tie is not enough and who do not accept the tie offer. Instead, they push the stones endlessly back and forth until the opponent becomes too stupid and gives up. The official rules in mill are similar to those in chess. If the move is repeated 3 times it is a draw. If there are 50 moves without a stone taken: a tie. If you can compare, then do it correctly. :idea:
Unfortunately, that player is well known for being stubborn about that... Instead of a draw, did you suggest a mutual abandon? I got him to accept these meanwhile, which is hard with someone that never talks...
It‘s not a perfect solution, but an ok way around the current unpleasant implementation, that unfortunately nobody cares about.
If cheap draws didnt lead to considerable score change, high players would accept draws vs low players much more willingly, and the experience would be better for all.

P.S.: RicardoRix 16 Plays of 9 Men‘s Morris out of 7‘829 total games played, last one two years ago. Sorry for that, but I don‘t really get why you repeatedly need to defend the unsatisfactory implementation here and with comparisons that totally miss the point, if you hardly ever played it and abandoned it years ago. I also dont go to the RftG forum and tell you why some issues in that game are not as bad because this issue doesnt occur in 9MM

Return to “Nine Men's Morris”