Tribes & Prophecies expansion

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Replicat

Tribes & Prophecies expansion

Post by Replicat »

Does anyone know if there are any plans to add the Tribes & Prophecies expansion to BGA?
Fabrice145

Re: Tribes & Prophecies expansion

Post by Fabrice145 »

+1
Philomorph

Post by Philomorph »

+1
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

+1

I just found out about this game and it is so cool. I read a bit about the expansion and it sounds like it would even be better.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

It is available on Boiteajeux.
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

nandblock wrote: 24 February 2021, 15:40 It is available on Boiteajeux.
I admit I have never tried to use the site. I am having issues with it taking lots of time just clicking on the website... After a few minutes everything was working fine though. I am in the US so not sure if that matters at all. Overall it seems like BGA is a much better site overall.

It is sad that there are no expansions for Tzolkin on BGA though :(. I still have over 50+ games I want to try on BGA lol. I do hope the expansion comes out sometime since it really seems like it would make the game more fun!
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Tzolk'in is one of the earlier implementations on BGA and I'm not sure if the developer is still in the picture; BAJ, whatever its shortcomings, is probably your best bet.
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

nandblock wrote: 25 February 2021, 21:47 Tzolk'in is one of the earlier implementations on BGA and I'm not sure if the developer is still in the picture; BAJ, whatever its shortcomings, is probably your best bet.
That brings up another question since I am not sure how everything works. Are you saying once a developer stops working on something no one can step up to add expansions to the game at a later time?

I have playing quite a few games on BGA and realize a lot of games are hit and miss for expansions. Some games have a lot of them while others don't even have 1, so I am just genuinely curious of the point you brought up.

Tzolkin is definitely fun enough without the expansions for awhile. If we really want it is nice to know there is the expansions somewhere to play!
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

I think, in general, games are open for expansion additions by developers who not developed the base game. Problem is: It's really tough and generally not fun to work yourself into someone else's code. So usually, there are more appealing devopment tasks around. Second problem: Even when someone is willing to do it, you have to be somewhat extra careful in "quality control" so that the base game is not harmed. Working on someone else's code is often more error-prone than working on your own.

Return to “Tzolk'in”