Great game, great bga adaptation, a little detail ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
bidulpik

Great game, great bga adaptation, a little detail ?

Post by bidulpik »

Howdy,
thank you and congratulation for your great adaptation of Abyss, it is awesome !

I wonder if could add a little detail on the interface like displaying somewhere in our frame of view what Military maluses we suffer ?

For instance, display on the monster area if the Huntress is active on the game ?
Or add a [are you sure] message when we want to receive the downgraded monster bonus if the huntress is active.

It is more difficult than in a real table to always check if the huntress is active, or if other Military lord are active. We dont have a global circular point of view of the game, like IRL, and we can have bad suprise !

Best regards
KongKing123

Re: Great game, great bga adaptation, a little detail ?

Post by KongKing123 »

bidulpik wrote: 02 March 2021, 10:35 I wonder if could add a little detail on the interface like displaying somewhere in our frame of view what Military maluses we suffer ?

For instance, display on the monster area if the Huntress is active on the game ?
Or add a [are you sure] message when we want to receive the downgraded monster bonus if the huntress is active.
Good suggestion, you should post this here with an Abyss table number (any game will do): https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?game=1335
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

I am all for making things more obvious but for me I find these sorts of things easier to notice on BGA vs real life though. Especially since you can just look at other players cards when you have nothing else to do, but yes anything that makes it even easier is always helpful. In real life you have to look across the table and ask "what do your cards do again" for new players.

At the same time it is easier on a digital platform to turn your brain off and just click away which makes you forget about these things though so I get where you are coming from. I have definitely had this happen a few times playing some games. Especially when I am playing Race/Roll for the Gaxy.

I will say the adaptation is great and I do enjoy the game overall. When everyone is bidding constantly it really makes the game super fun imo though!
WarriorAL68

Post by WarriorAL68 »

bidulpik wrote: 02 March 2021, 10:35 Howdy,
thank you and congratulation for your great adaptation of Abyss, it is awesome !

I wonder if could add a little detail on the interface like displaying somewhere in our frame of view what Military maluses we suffer ?

It is more difficult than in a real table to always check if the huntress is active, or if other Military lord are active. We dont have a global circular point of view of the game, like IRL, and we can have bad suprise !

Best regards
Would this add a touch too much automation to the game though, as if you would be prompted for something that you could miss - which in my opinion is part of the fun and challenge of the game?
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

Some other suggestions I've posted to improve the game, please vote for them if you agree:
WarriorAL68 wrote: 05 March 2021, 13:11 Would this add a touch too much automation to the game though, as if you would be prompted for something that you could miss - which in my opinion is part of the fun and challenge of the game?
I don't believe so. In real life, you would also get that pointed out to you (assuming the player who has the Lord even remembers) and then probably be allowed to change your mind.
SocramSuR

Post by SocramSuR »

Good suggestion!

I have one myself and don't want to create a new thread for that:
When choosing locations it would be very helpful to see a calculation of the current IPs each location would give you.
This would save quite some time for the players, especially with that "choose any of the hidden locations" card. You'd still have to predict the IP changes for future turns, of course, which is the fun part of choosing a location.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

SocramSuR wrote: 08 March 2021, 11:30 When choosing locations it would be very helpful to see a calculation of the current IPs each location would give you.
This would save quite some time for the players, especially with that "choose any of the hidden locations" card. You'd still have to predict the IP changes for future turns, of course, which is the fun part of choosing a location.
I had already made this suggestion too, but it seems I forgot to mention it in my previous post: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=35515 :?

Return to “Abyss”