Game Won't Recognize When They're No Legal Plays

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Gislef

Game Won't Recognize When They're No Legal Plays

Post by Gislef »

Hurm. I've had this happen to me at least three times.

I have no legal plays on the board, but it doesn't give me an option to take two inauguaration ribbons. Or spots. Or cuts. Or whatever you call them.

I'm out of existing bonuses, and there haven't been any legitimate plays. But the game just... stalls until time runs out. Or I quit.

Shouldn't you always have the option to pass your turn and takes the two inaugurations? Or is the game glitched? Or what.

The game isn't in beta, so presumably it's complete. But this seems like a rather gaping flaw.

Thoughts?
Gislef
Gislef

Re: Game Won't Recognize When They're No Legal Plays

Post by Gislef »

Or to put it another way..

I realize that there are enough spinning plates that the coder can't set it up to tell you what the legal play is.

But.. at least let the player have the choice of saying there are no legal plays. Seems simple enough. As-is, you're locked into the code's decision that you can make a legal play... but it won't tell you what that legal play is. And if you can't find the legal play or it isn't there and the code is in error... what do you do?

Thoughts?
Gislef

Return to “Welcome To New Las Vegas”