Bots Cheating?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Snotrod

Bots Cheating?

Post by Snotrod »

Anyone notice the bots that are playing in the Arena? Always unlikely / miracle moves.
Shuodan

Re: Bots Cheating?

Post by Shuodan »

Unlikely / miracles moves do not necessarily mean bot for me.
See this topic about that kind of feelings.
Lymon Flowers

Post by Lymon Flowers »

Also, please note that in BGA, all of the randomness is done SERVER-SIDE. Which means, the players have no word on which tile is drawn. This means also that secret information is stored server-side. Your web browser is acting much like a client and sends requests to the BGA servers, which in turn answer to the requests after having processed them.

The consequence is that in no way you can choose the tile you want.

Also, I have seen miracle moves in real-life Carcasonne. ;-)
Snotrod

Re: Bots Cheating? Multi Accounting

Post by Snotrod »

Multi accounting is the real problem on here. Same players changing names one game after another. I have been tracking games, player names, day of the week, and times of day. My conclusion is that moderators are the ones doing this multi accounting. They are the ones that have the ability to change profiles. It is really sad that whoever it is stoops to that level to make themselves feel better or to make other feel worse. It's okay if they don't want premium members playing on their site. I won't be renewing.
Swimstar13

Post by Swimstar13 »

I wouldn't say its so much as cheating as more of me noticing I rarely get any miracle draws in it. I get that now I am only matched with the 400+ level players, but every time I think it will be close at the end - they always get the perfect piece that is left. Maybe it is just me venting but gosh it is so frustrating game after game, after game .... yeah its "luck" but when you get ALL the bad luck game after game you are left wondering ....
ufm

Post by ufm »

That's called 'planning ahead'. They count almost all (if not all) tiles in the game and then execute their moves.
I'm serious. I memorized all buildings and civ cards of Stone Age when I was deeply into it.

It is like doubling cube of Backgammon.
"They always get good rolls after I accept doubling! The rolls are fudged!"
No, strong players know whether the odds are in favor or not, and double only when they are likely to win.

Return to “Carcassonne”