Using expelled workers

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
EmperorsClub

Using expelled workers

Post by EmperorsClub »

Per rules, you should be able to use expelled citizens to become tradesmen. So far, I've noticed that I have to pull a citizen off my building when i'm out of workers in my supply. If i'm understanding this rule wrong let me know thanks.
sprockitz

Re: Using expelled workers

Post by sprockitz »

you can use expelled workers. when you need to decide where a worker comes from, simply click on the worker that has been expelled.

If a worker has been expelled from a previous round, a button will pop up that allows you to use a worker from your personal supply.
EmperorsClub

Post by EmperorsClub »

must be bugged for me then or my browser is having issues. I've tried maybe 5 different times in my games to click on my expelled worker when it asks me to hire one, doesn't even ask me to use from supply if i'm remembering correctly.

went back and looked at the move, when i'm prompted it asks me to hire a citizen for 2 influence, and during that time i'm clicking on my expelled citizen. then it does nothing, as if my worker isn't there.

https://boardgamearena.com/9/troyes?tab ... ayFrom=117
DaveyJJ

Post by DaveyJJ »

This is still an issue.

While I never tried moving a worker from one building to another as the rules allow, I did try repeatedly try to select a worker that had been expelled from a building and was available and it only ever allowed me to hire a new worker for two prestige. No amount of clicking on that expelled worker would let me select that one for placement.

And yeah, and undo button, the UI is rather unintuitive for a few things during the course of a first few games.
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

DaveyJJ wrote: 10 August 2023, 12:56 This is still an issue.
It very much is, yes.
While I never tried moving a worker from one building to another as the rules allow, I did try repeatedly try to select a worker that had been expelled from a building and was available and it only ever allowed me to hire a new worker for two prestige. No amount of clicking on that expelled worker would let me select that one for placement.
It sounds as though you may be playing from a device with a mouse—this is fortunate, in this case.

While the interface for this implementation is extremely sloppy and it is often difficult to select expelled workers, it is possible if one acts carefully: if you move your mouse very slowly over various parts an expelled worker—the lower part of the meeple, in my experience—you may see your mouse pointer change from the usual pointer to the "clickable" icon.

This is even more difficult, but still possible, if there is another player's expelled worker obscuring your own.
And yeah, and undo button, the UI is rather unintuitive for a few things during the course of a first few games.
I still remember my first time playing the game on this platform: I had played several times in RL and was very familiar with the game itself, but at least a couple of times I asked myself "How do I do X in this bloody game?" :-/

Anyway, I hope you find the above helpful in some way.
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.

Return to “Troyes”