Can future arenas be for Michael’s setup and more than 2 players?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
OutOfHabit

Can future arenas be for Michael’s setup and more than 2 players?

Post by OutOfHabit »

This is only my second season participating in arena mode for any games and was really looking forward to the configuration changing, especially for Lucky Numbers.
Does that ever happen?
If so, i would love to see it be 3 or 4 players using Michael’s setup instead of always being 2 players with easy setup.
bananasplay

Re: Can future arenas be for Michael’s setup and more than 2 players?

Post by bananasplay »

OutOfHabit wrote: 05 March 2021, 02:15 This is only my second season participating in arena mode for any games and was really looking forward to the configuration changing, especially for Lucky Numbers.
Does that ever happen?
If so, i would love to see it be 3 or 4 players using Michael’s setup instead of always being 2 players with easy setup.
Why do you wish to inject more randomness and chaos into the Arena configuration for this game?
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

I'd be a proponent of Michael's setup, but not increasing player numbers. game is random enough as it is while still having decent strategy, with 3 or 4 players it becomes much more random...and much longer...harder to get real time games, and turn based games will take 10x as long.
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

bananasplay wrote: 08 March 2021, 00:50
OutOfHabit wrote: 05 March 2021, 02:15 This is only my second season participating in arena mode for any games and was really looking forward to the configuration changing, especially for Lucky Numbers.
Does that ever happen?
Why do you wish to inject more randomness and chaos into the Arena configuration for this game?
It is the setup i find enjoyable.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

OutOfHabit wrote: 17 March 2021, 18:12 [...]

It is the setup i find enjoyable.
Arena is about competition and measuring player skill as best as possible, thus keeping randomness to a minimum.

The place for 'enjoyable' setups is Simple mode.
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

I’ll probably opt out of future seasons, which is unfortunate. I really enjoy going for rankings but Michael’s set up is much more enjoyable for me.

I’m not sure i agree with Michael’s setup being more random than easy setup.

Example:
I start with a 1-2-7-15

I can make decisions about where to put each of those in spots that make the most sense. While i don’t know what 4 i will get, I’m in a much better spot with 1-7-15-2 than i would ever be with 1-2-7-15

For either method, you don’t frequently get to want all 4 clovers that are initially dealt, but at least you can make smart decisions with Michael’s setup instead of it being decided for you.

Return to “Lucky Numbers”