Kingdomino League

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Massinho20

Kingdomino League

Post by Massinho20 »

Hey folks,

I am not sure how many people are reading here but I wanna give it a try.

I am a passionate Kingdomino player and play lots of games in ranked and tournament mode.
There is the possibility to create a tournament in league mode.

That leads to my question:
How would you like the idea of a Kingdomino league?
The whole thing could be inspired be the european football leagues.
Depending on how many players are interested we can even create a second and a third league and so on and play with relegation and promotion.
We can record every score and create an All-Time table.
We can organize league cups, cups like the Champions League, national cups or even world cups with players around the world.

There are so many ideas floating in my head and would love to include your opinions to create a league-system everyone can have fun with.

Please share your opinion with me and I hope there may be many people interested - no matter if it is just in participating or helping with the organization.

Sincererely yours
Massinho
andycupid

Re: Kingdomino League

Post by andycupid »

I'm surprised no one has replied: this is a very popular game!

The idea of leagues has long been anticipated. I'm personally a fan of it, and imo this is a better format than the current tournament & arena systems. Once upon a time BGA said that they might be implementing this system in the future, but it is complicated and as of right now we've no further updates on that. So since there is no official format, your idea needs to be run by players. That's a lot of work actually. I'm an avid Tokaido player, and back then we had a "Tokaido Championship" organized by players, with a 3 league promotion-relegation format of 16(?) players each. We also had a cup system, playoffs, fantasy league, all you'd like for a league. There was a team of 6 players running it, and it lasted for around half an year before the organizers admitted it's too time consuming to run. So I'd suggest you start looking for a team of 8-10 players to support your idea; if you want to promote we have BGA discord and the tournament forum to do so. Wish you the best of luck!

Return to “Kingdomino”