Lords

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Tisaac

Re: Lords

Post by Tisaac »

MoiMagnus wrote: 06 April 2021, 17:01 More precisely, his opinion for BGA are:
Answering to:
My motive with this thread is to convince BGA to add an option to disable this combo. Because the 2P Lords/Farmers/? games definitely have not been fun, along with being biased. I'd love to be able to completely turn off lords or farmers, but "I find them annoying" probably isn't very convincing, so I'll have to hope the expansions get approved to dilute them.

I would push for them to just let the players pick the cards. Or let you just ban one you don't like.
That's definitively not a developper answer. What does "let player choose" means ? Consensus ? What about competitive play ? Arena ? When does the choice should happen ? At table creation ? If yes, how could you choose your subset, enumerting all of them is tedious + maybe you just want to add exclude one. At the beggining of the game ? Then what should be written a the table to let others know what the selection might be ?
MoiMagnus

Re: Lords

Post by MoiMagnus »

Tisaac wrote: 06 April 2021, 18:24 That's definitively not a developper answer. What does "let player choose" means ? Consensus ? What about competitive play ? Arena ? When does the choice should happen ? At table creation ? If yes, how could you choose your subset, enumerting all of them is tedious + maybe you just want to add exclude one. At the beggining of the game ? Then what should be written a the table to let others know what the selection might be ?
I agree that his answer is not very helpful, but that's his answer (and we don't have the opinion of the other designers of KB), so unless anyone want to contact him on BGG, that's all we have.

The first proposition (let peoples chose) would be quite a mess.
The second proposition (allow one ban) however is quite reasonable to implement:
(1) At the beginning of the game (after seeing the board). Have everyone secretly and simultaneously select one of the 10 characters that they want to ban.
(2) Draw 3 characters randomly out of the ones that were not banned by at least one person.
[If you want to add more strategy to this, you can make the ban be in turn-based (everyone ban one card successively). But I'm not sure it's worth slowing down the setup for that]

Return to “Kingdom Builder”