Changing Arena rule set

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Luuc

Changing Arena rule set

Post by Luuc »

Hi,

I'll start by quoting another topic on this forum : "The current rule set removes a lot of the skill from the game". I personnally agree, and as I'm mostly playing arena games, I'd really like to see the set of arena rules change.
With the previous season change, I noticed that for some other games, a way to do so is to go through a survey in the forum. So I guess that if most of us agree on a different set of rules, we'll have it on next season ? What do you think about that ?
MoiMagnus

Re: Changing Arena rule set

Post by MoiMagnus »

Good idea.

But in most cases I know of, those survey are initiated by the voluntary dev maintaining the game, not by the community of players.
And there does not seems to be any dev maintaining Koi-Koi.

BrianHanechak is the dev credited for developing this implementation, but he didn't play Koi-Koi in one year, and none of the recent open issues on the bug tracker are closed or even acknowledged, and I don't think he ever intended to actively maintain this game.
Een

Post by Een »

MoiMagnus wrote: 07 April 2021, 15:47 But in most cases I know of, those survey are initiated by the voluntary dev maintaining the game, not by the community of players.
That's not a rule, just how it happened recently, but anyone interested can organize a survey for this, and is invited to do so in the thread about arena.
Luuc

Post by Luuc »

Een wrote: 07 April 2021, 16:09 anyone interested can organize a survey for this, and is invited to do so in the thread about arena.
Ok, thanks !
Maybe it's only me, but I can't figure out where is this thread about arena :/ (and it seems weird to me to have one thread for the "arena" mode of every single game on BGA)

I also have one more question about those surveys (as I can't find the arena thread) : is there a specific policy about them ? A special feature in the forum ? Or can we choose whatever external website we want ?
Een

Post by Een »

Luuc wrote: 08 April 2021, 08:43 Maybe it's only me, but I can't figure out where is this thread about arena :/ (and it seems weird to me to have one thread for the "arena" mode of every single game on BGA)
I was referring the official thread about opening arena season 5, that was a frontpage announcement on the 6th.
More specifically this post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20510&start=50#p84706
Luuc wrote: 08 April 2021, 08:43 I also have one more question about those surveys (as I can't find the arena thread) : is there a specific policy about them ? A special feature in the forum ? Or can we choose whatever external website we want ?
There is a "poll creation" tab when creating a new topic, the best is to use this.
Luuc

Post by Luuc »

Thanks for the help !

In the exact post your link is pointing at, sourisdudesert explains that it's better to "create a poll on game's dedicated forum". Except if I'm misunderstanding something, it means : not in this thread about arena, right ?
(It also seems to me that more people will see it if the poll is created in the Koi-koi forum.)
Een

Post by Een »

Well, yes, it means in the Koi-koi forum.

Return to “Koi-koi”