Skill Tokens in 2 Player Games

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
chauddog

Skill Tokens in 2 Player Games

Post by chauddog »

I was playing a game of Potion Explosion and my opponent somehow accumulated 3 Skills Tokens. I thought you could only accumulate 2? Am I missing something or did I dream that happened..lol
MoiMagnus

Re: Skill Tokens in 2 Player Games

Post by MoiMagnus »

There is 4 of them available at 2 player.
But they're no limited at 2 per player, so if one player is significantly more lucky/skillful than the other, they can take 3, or even 4 skill tokens, leaving the other player with 1 or none.

You probably misread the rules. There are indeed two ways of obtaining a skill token (triple of the same potion, or one of each potion), but you can trigger those multiple time (if you have 3 triples, that's 3 skill tokens).
chauddog

Post by chauddog »

OK. Thanks. I was aware you can get them for five different potions and for three of the same kind of potion but thought the rules said each player could only each of those once.
paramesis

Post by paramesis »

I just read through the rules (page 8), and I had bits of it wrong the whole time. You can indeed get multiple skill tokens from triples, but not from multiple triples in the same potion. For example, you wouldn't get a second skill token for getting a 6th Sands of Time.

You can get only one skill token from getting 5 different potions, but you can only get a skill token for this once. I thought you could get a second skill token if your collection had a second set of 5 different potions, and have specifically chosen potions for this purpose several times. I could have sworn it gave me a token for completing a second set at some point. If it did, that would be a bug.

You aren't limited to the skill tokens in the countdown stack. If the stack has run out and you qualify, you'll take a skill token from the general supply.

Return to “Potion Explosion”