Please change the ELO ASAP - before too many games are played...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Dave Tompkins

Please change the ELO ASAP - before too many games are played...

Post by Dave Tompkins »

So it took me 3 games to beat the game on EASY mode -- I know I will get better, but it was quite disappointing to only get +1 ELO on the game.

Other coop games have done this +1 ELO for victory (Bandito is the prime example) but that is a much simpler and faster game and much easier to get people to play with you.

It's possible there's more ELO for harder settings (like Tranquility) but regardless -- To think that you need 100 victories on easy to just become a "regular player" is a bit absurd. It would take a ridiculous amount of time just to reach 100 ELO on this game, and as someone who tries to get 100 ELO on every game, I fear this game will crush me.

I'm not sure what a good alternative would be, but I think +10 ELO for a victory (i.e., 10 victories to become regular player) might be much more reasonable.
Last edited by Dave Tompkins on 15 April 2021, 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
ufm

Re: Please change the ELO ASAP - before too many games are played...

Post by ufm »

Well, The Crew gives out only 1 regardless of progress, so what are the chances?
At least it's better than Forbidden Islands ratings.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Adding a restriction on number of games played would resolve that problem.
But that's one more restriction, so not great for new players :(
Dave Tompkins

Post by Dave Tompkins »

ufm wrote: 14 April 2021, 20:20 Well, The Crew gives out only 1 regardless of progress, so what are the chances?
That was also a very quick and easy game to get started, and +1 ELO even for fails I think ?!?
Dave Tompkins

Post by Dave Tompkins »

Romain672 wrote: 14 April 2021, 20:49 Adding a restriction on number of games played would resolve that problem.
But that's one more restriction, so not great for new players :(
I'm not sure I follow, but I don't think that will solve any of my concerns.
Dave Tompkins

Post by Dave Tompkins »

I just won on "Normal" mode instead of "Easy" mode and it was also only +1 ELO -sigh-
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Dave Tompkins wrote: 15 April 2021, 03:18I'm not sure I follow, but I don't think that will solve any of my concerns.
The main thing the level of players does is to restrict table to experienced player or not. Second is some xp. Not sure there is any other utility...
ufm

Post by ufm »

Dave Tompkins wrote: 15 April 2021, 03:16
ufm wrote: 14 April 2021, 20:20 Well, The Crew gives out only 1 regardless of progress, so what are the chances?
That was also a very quick and easy game to get started, and +1 ELO even for fails I think ?!?
Somehow it is changed and now it feels much better.
Perhaps I was too frustrated because coop game ELO systems had never been changed before... Sorry for being cranky.
Dave Tompkins

Post by Dave Tompkins »

To whomever changed this, if you're reading this thread, thank you very much! Very much appreciated.

I got my 100 ELO and am very happy
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks for your feedback, this had been forgotten.
ufm wrote: 18 April 2021, 03:20 Perhaps I was too frustrated because coop game ELO systems had never been changed before... Sorry for being cranky.
Not sure what you are referring to. In general "changing the ELO system" is pretty hard if you really mean changing how the system works.

On the other hand, configuring a coop game with multiple difficulty settings to have an Elo scale instead of the default 1 point per victory for games without difficulty setting, if not done, is most likely something that has been forgotten and needs to be fixed by the developer while the game is in beta.

And please remember than in beta, a game is still... beta :D

Return to “Solar Storm”