Nidavellir: Not a little raven with a message...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

Nidavellir: Not a little raven with a message...

Post by DrClick »

“The sea giveth, and the sea taketh away. And this time the sea… tooketh… my sword.”

We're living in an era where Vikings are simply Kings.

So how about a very good new game based on these fiery warriors?
Nidavellir is a game designed by Serge Laget (Shadows over Camelot, Mare Nostrum, Ad Astra, etc...). Not for the faint-hearted.
Knowing that will help you understand why this game is currently so popular.

Let's dive into it:

Nidavellir, the Dwarf Kingdom, is threatened by the dragon Fafnir. As a venerable Elvaland, you have been appointed by the King. Search through every tavern in the kingdom, hire the most skilled dwarves, recruit the most prestigious heroes, and build the best battalion you can to defeat your mortal enemy!

Each turn in Nidavellir you bid a coin on each tavern. In descending order, choose a character and add this character to your army. Each dwarf class has its own way of scoring: blacksmith, hunter, warrior, explorer, and miner. A meticulous recruitment will allow you to attract a powerful hero to your army.

You will also be able to increase the value of your gold coins thanks to the smart "coin-building" system and get the best of the other Elvalands.

Take a look. It's not about the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean. So embark now by clicking here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=nidavellir

Nidavellir is a solid and pleasant game that fills the same niche as Isle of Skye, Carcassonne or Azul.
Some might feel that it is more like 7 wonders, but without the building phase.
The game has a rapid pace and can be played in 30 minutes. Try it to make up your own mind about that.

BGA would like to thank GRRRE Games as well as our skilled developers: Tisaac and vincentt, who made it happen quickly and be as enjoyable to play as possible.

The implementation will help you appreciate the game in the best way possible by taking care of most of the game upkeep.

"We've come so far technologically that we no longer know how anything works. Everyone sends ravens, but no one knows how it really works. If all the technology suddenly disappeared, we'd be pretty much left high and dry."
Have fun!

PS: Anybody knows where Ørm is?
T72on1

Re: Nidavellir: Not a little raven with a message...

Post by T72on1 »

This game is amazing. It has become one of my favourites in a very short time.
ryanh221

Post by ryanh221 »

I couldn't agree more. This is an example of a BGA game that I absolutely had to buy in real life as well. Great game!
BayconFred

Post by BayconFred »

I like the game, but one gnawing question remains - having recruited my army, now what?
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

ryanh221 wrote: 21 April 2021, 13:44 I couldn't agree more. This is an example of a BGA game that I absolutely had to buy in real life as well. Great game!
I haven't done so myself, but it's only a matter of time. I saw the Dwarfes looking at me from the cover of the box last time I was in my local board game store 8-)
Kalm blijven

Post by Kalm blijven »

Lovely game :)
JugarTeAyuda

Post by JugarTeAyuda »

Genial. Ya me atrapó el relato!! Ahora a probarlo.
Gracias!
marioaguila

Post by marioaguila »

Uf, saber que es el autor de Shadows over Camelot es una pésima señal. Un bodrio de "juego"
sheridanwilde

Post by sheridanwilde »

Took me about fifteen seconds to find Flanders this time - well hidden!
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

marioaguila wrote: 21 April 2021, 17:14 Uf, saber que es el autor de Shadows over Camelot es una pésima señal. Un bodrio de "juego"
I mean- think of the time it came out. It might not stand up now, but did then.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”