Best BGA game to hone this life skill...

General discussion on board games
oakye

Best BGA game to hone this life skill...

Post by oakye »

(yes, a serious question!)
...which games would you recommend to get better at office politics?

I'm going to guess the following mechanics must be present:
- it isn't obvious if someone has a lot more victory points than you, though you can get a sense if you are doing well or not relative to others
- a combination of strategy and chance but not too much chance
- plus it'd be interesting to see what other mechanics you may have thought of!

Off of BGA, I'd recommend some social deduction games like Secret Hitler or maybe The Resistance.
RobertBr

Re: Best BGA game to hone this life skill...

Post by RobertBr »

I wouldn't. And I would probably find your behaviour very annoying if you tried to practice that anti-social skill at a gaming table.
oakye

Re: Best BGA game to hone this life skill...

Post by oakye »

Well it would also prepare me better for unexpected actions made by others, similar to military actions in 7 Wonders that require defensive measures. I should provide more context that this is about awareness and defense, not offense. Many people in the workplace are skilled at this without having to play board games.

I could rebut my own request by saying that all boardgames here require some sort of logic (even those that incorporate chance). Real life, especially in an office environment without a meritocratic measure of success, doesn't have similar board game rules to act as guardrails to maximizing victory points honorably.

Return to “Discuss about board games”