Very Quick Question About a Rule

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Spydar05

Very Quick Question About a Rule

Post by Spydar05 »

The official rules for potion explosion state that "[...] when there are three or more connected marbles of the same color, if you pick one of those from the middle, you still trigger an Explosion by making the others collide!" and I swore that I did this in a game on BGA, and it didn't trigger an explosion. I could have accidentally chosen "get help", but I don't think I did.

If there are 5 blue marbles in a row on BGA and I pull any of the middle three as a regular move, will it trigger an explosion? It really matters for the game I'm in rn :?
paramesis

Re: Very Quick Question About a Rule

Post by paramesis »

I've always seen it follow the rules and trigger an explosion. You might have accidentally clicked "get help", as you suggested, or maybe you accidentally took one of the marbles on the ends instead of the middle. In the case you described, it would trigger an explosion.
Axios2021

Post by Axios2021 »

paramesis wrote: 09 May 2021, 02:13 I've always seen it follow the rules and trigger an explosion. You might have accidentally clicked "get help", as you suggested, or maybe you accidentally took one of the marbles on the ends instead of the middle. In the case you described, it would trigger an explosion.
I can confirm. Probably you accidentally clicked "get help"...
Spydar05

Post by Spydar05 »

Thank you two so much! I was too afraid to do it and have it not work and lose the game but was basically handicapping myself every game. I appreciate it.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Spydar05 wrote: 09 May 2021, 01:52The official rules for potion explosion state that "[...] when there are three or more connected marbles of the same color, if you pick one of those from the middle, you still trigger an Explosion by making the others collide!" and I swore that I did this in a game on BGA, and it didn't trigger an explosion. I could have accidentally chosen "get help", but I don't think I did.
A game played on BGA is normally saved, and you can review your game with the replay function.

So if you think something abnormal has happened during one of your games and you want to inform the BGA community, you start by checking your game to provide reliable and verifiable information, the minimum required being the game number and the relevant move number.

Also keep in mind that if a game has existed on BGA for months or even years, it is unlikely that you will discover a bug that occurs almost every game and that no one would have seen and reported before you. Do not hesitate to browse the list of bugs of a game that interests you, to comment the reports, and possibly support them by your vote.

Return to “Potion Explosion”