Being dealt a creeper at the start of the game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
B-wing

Being dealt a creeper at the start of the game

Post by B-wing »

According to Fluxx rules (as I understand them), if you're dealt a creeper at the start of the game (your first 3 card hand) that creeper (or creepers) is shuffled back into the deck and you are dealt a replacement card.

In a couple of games we've played here on BGA, some players have started games with a creeper already on the table.

Hoping this issue gets addressed.
voriki

Re: Being dealt a creeper at the start of the game

Post by voriki »

1) make a bug report
2) got table examples?
3) you're certain the creeper is part of the initial 3-hand players start with, or is it the 4th card they draw?
BobTheTurtle

Post by BobTheTurtle »

The way I understand the rules, if a player is dealt a creeper at the start of the game, the creeper goes in front of that player, and they draw a replacement card, the same as if that player had drawn the creeper on any other turn. If those are the rules, then BGA has implemented them correctly. It is possible that I misunderstood the rules, but I have always played where you have to keep any creepers that you get in your starting hand.
wolmot

Post by wolmot »

Hi B-wing,

Not sure where you got that creeper-at-start rule from, but it doesn’t look official.
The Looney Labs faq actually addresses this quite clearly here:
https://faq.looneylabs.com/question/1632

So no, creepers dealt in your starting hand are not shuffled back in, you just need to place them in front of you.
Doesn’t necessarily has to bad either, just maybe you also have a goal for which you need that creeper ;)

Hope you keep enjoying Fluxx!
voriki

Post by voriki »

wolmot wrote: 08 May 2021, 21:25Doesn’t necessarily has to bad either, just maybe you also have a goal for which you need that creeper ;)
Or that potato that gets passed immediately to the next player as soon as the first goal is played.

Return to “Fluxx”