How is handling Colonize a System

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
montsegur

How is handling Colonize a System

Post by montsegur »

We don t get it . Would be nice if someone could help

Thx
Nekonyancer

Re: How is handling Colonize a System

Post by Nekonyancer »

To colonize a system, you need enough strength on a system you control. The strength requirement is shown in the bottom left of a system card, along with its VP value. Note that the strength requirement may be altered by certain event cards.

If you meet the above requirements, next you have to take a colonization action on the technology board. It will likely cost both ore and people cubes.

The action will consume your ships. Those ship dice will be put back on your board with its square side showing.

You then acquire the system, along with its points and benefits. A new system takes its place on the board.
Billy Pilgrim

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I had this same question - I had control and the ships but couldn't work out what to do. But what you are saying is that there should be cards on the main board that suggest you can colonise, and this is the only way?

I was going mad trying to click the spaceships and the card and all sorts :)
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Yes, you need the tech to colonize. There is always one level I tech you can research (Terraforming) to get the ability to colonize. After a while, the Tier I colonizing spot will open up (it's one of the events), and that will make it available to all players. There are also some level II and III techs that give you more efficient colonization actions.

Return to “Beyond the Sun”