Switch Arena Mode to 3 rounds

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
SamHellerman

Re: Switch Arena Mode to 3 rounds

Post by SamHellerman »

Just adding my voice to the chorus. 1-round is creating huge swings game-to-game. I think that by the time you're competing in the top 50 a game result has become pretty close to a coin toss.

3-round would smooth that out, but there's something else I haven't seen anyone mention here yet: there's an entire element of the game's strategy that is just missing when you play a single-round game: the ability to very carefully fine-tune your level of aggressiveness based on how far behind you are. Players who are very good at finessing that balance deserve to ascend the ranks.
GDC

Post by GDC »

I don't play arena because it's only one round and there's too much luck involved.
Maybe we could put this to a vote or maybe try it for the next season?
Smeg

Post by Smeg »

3 rounds are the game's official rules, it doesn't mention playing 1 round at all, not even as a variant so not sure why it's even an option.

When the game ends, each player’s columns of cards are scored. Write down the number of points obtained by each player, shuffle all cards, and once again give each player eight cards for the next game. The player who has more points begins. If after three games you have the highest overall score, you win.
GDC

Post by GDC »

Sorry to insist, but why can't we switch it to 3 rounds?
Who decides?
Can't we at least put it to a vote?
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

GDC wrote: 02 April 2021, 13:48 Who decides?
The voluntary dev for this game (bmcfluff), assuming the issue he had that prevented him from implementing new updates 3 months ago was solved.
GDC wrote: 02 April 2021, 13:48 Can't we at least put it to a vote?
You can open a suggestion on the bug tracker (which tracks both bugs and suggestions), post the link here, and peoples will vote for it.
https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?sort=la ... asc&game=9
GDC

Post by GDC »

Thanks for your answer.

Done :

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=38126

Please vote if you agree.
Ken Corbin

Post by Ken Corbin »

I don't play Arena mode because the game are single round. The luck factor is pretty heavy even in a 3 round game. It is absurdly random in single round games. So yea, I would vote to make area mode games 3 rounds. Or maybe even 5 rounds.

Return to “Lost Cities”