Arena Settings are NOT FIXED

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
towehaal

Arena Settings are NOT FIXED

Post by towehaal »

There are Arena games where the cards dealt and scoring system is changed. Somehow this looks like it is because some user somehow set their personal preferences? I don't even know how you can do that.

Arena settings state that the scoring systems are fixed for the season and the new development changes to Oh Hell have changed that.

I wrote a bug report for the site--please upvote for visibility. https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=41514

Respond if you know what's going on!?
qwertasdfg

Re: Arena Settings are NOT FIXED

Post by qwertasdfg »

There's always some games in arena where users have the choice (at least in some of the settings). Looks like oh hell is one of them, but I'm not sure and I also don't know where to look it up
steve5332

Post by steve5332 »

From the link you provided, bidding=Not set. That means that the bidding used isn't fixed and so yes, it can change game to game even in arena mode. That is not a bug.
steve5332

Post by steve5332 »

Also, you can change what you are prepared to play with in your preferences for the game. Just click the cog icon next to Oh Hell! and update your preferences of there are some bidding systems you don't want to play.
towehaal

Post by towehaal »

Hmmm... I see it isn't a bug or necessarily something that people see as a problem.

That said, it seems to me like Arena mode for this game should stick to one setting for a season but that's just my opinion...
Also, you can change what you are prepared to play with in your preferences for the game. Just click the cog icon next to Oh Hell! and update your preferences of there are some bidding systems you don't want to play.
Can you explain this? What cog icon? Sorry I haven't found that setting!
steve5332

Post by steve5332 »

Sure. If you select "Play Now' you will see a list of the games that you can play. To the left of each game icon there are usually three smaller icons. From top to bottom: your current ranking (e.g.gold 3), the options cog, a favourite heart (or not). IIRC you might not see those of your view settings are too compact, in which case there is likely a cog or similar at the top of the page to change your view.

I do agree that for an arena season the length of game and the bidding should be fixed. That's where voting / discussion on the options takes place before the season begins. I've neither seen nor participated in those though.
towehaal

Post by towehaal »

steve5332 wrote: 29 May 2021, 14:29 Sure. If you select "Play Now' you will see a list of the games that you can play. To the left of each game icon there are usually three smaller icons. From top to bottom: your current ranking (e.g.gold 3), the options cog, a favourite heart (or not). IIRC you might not see those of your view settings are too compact, in which case there is likely a cog or similar at the top of the page to change your view.

I do agree that for an arena season the length of game and the bidding should be fixed. That's where voting / discussion on the options takes place before the season begins. I've neither seen nor participated in those though.
Thanks! I found it.

I'll look out for that discussion next season. Thanks!

Return to “Oh Hell!”