"skip" rule

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
orphee1975

"skip" rule

Post by orphee1975 »

Hello,

I think the "skip" rule needs some precision :

On the wikipedia link (fr) indicated for the rules, we find :
"When a player places a card of the same value, the next player is skipped. He is not, however, excluded from the turn".

And the BGA rules state :
"When a player plays the same number of cards of the same rank as the previous player, that skips the next person who would have played."

Apparently, in game, what I observe is rather :
"When a player plays the same number of cards of the same rank as the previous player, that skips the next person who would have played, and this until the end of this turn (so he is excluded from the turn)."

Or maybe it's even more subtle than that, and it's :
"When a player plays the same number of cards of the same rank as the previous player, that skips the next person who would have played, and this until the end of this turn if no one else plays, ie he could replay if a next plays (so he may be excluded from the turn)."

What is the correct definition ?

Edit :
I got the answer in a new game. It is what I said last :

When a player plays the same number of cards of the same rank as the previous player, that skips the next person who would have played, and ends the trick if no one else afterwards plays. If someone plays after, the person who was skipped will be able to play/pass at its turn, unless it is skipped again.

Return to “President”