to USE and beyond

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lunalol

to USE and beyond

Post by Lunalol »

Greetings to all worshipers of USE and to all those who have participated directly or indirectly in its development (by extending the list of bug reports). USE development started during the first containment in March 2020, I've been working on it for over a year and it's time to move on :o .

:ugeek: Do not panic ! :ugeek:

I'm not going to give up on you but I will focus on the most important bugs (the ones that crash the game). Concretely, I am open to all suggestions for improving UI and fixing bugs but I will wait until a sufficient number of votes is reached (I still hesitate between 5 or 10 as a minimum).
  • So feel free to post suggestions to see if other players vote for it.
  • Read the bug reports and vote for the ones you think are a priority.
:mrgreen: I need you! :mrgreen:

TALON has been in the ALPHA phase since today: https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=talon
I will be expecting you in a few days to test the first scenarios and start sending me bug reports (I love them):

Thanks again to all :D
MarkDey

Re: to USE and beyond

Post by MarkDey »

Thanks Lunalol! Looking forward to your work on TALON - it's a game that caught my attention a while ago, but I just never got to play it.
Lord Vasta

Post by Lord Vasta »

Thanks, Lunalol. I am excited to see Talon.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Wishing you luck with Talon. USE is an amazing job, though leaving aside suggestions there are by my count three unimplemented rules :shock: and while one is irrelevant, and one is, I think, an improvement, it would be nice to implement home defence properly (partly because the Soviet upgrades can be used to bypass the restriction in some endgames).

Anyway, I'm signed up for Talon, will start reviewing the rules and setting a bit of time aside each day. Hopefully this will not be quite the monster USE has been.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

RobertBr wrote: 09 June 2021, 08:18it would be nice to implement home defence properly (partly because the Soviet upgrades can be used to bypass the restriction in some endgames).
And you have chosen the hardest one to implement :(
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Lunalol wrote: 09 June 2021, 16:06
RobertBr wrote: 09 June 2021, 08:18it would be nice to implement home defence properly (partly because the Soviet upgrades can be used to bypass the restriction in some endgames).
And you have chosen the hardest one to implement :(
:D I kind of assumed that was the reason for the few remaining unimplemented parts. Don't worry, the actual game play impact is relatively slight.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Will there be a forum space for more general discussion of Talon during its development. I have to say I am not a huge fan of the blinking effect to draw attention to things that can or cannot be used, its quite wearing on the eyes... at the moment I'm just trying to familiarise myself with the rules
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

We have ALPHA group for reviewers: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=9763558
I will invite you.

All UI effects could have an option to On/Off if we needs them.
Like you said, let's focus on rule first.
cpt_von_ondine

Post by cpt_von_ondine »

Is it possible I can get access to Talon to participate in Alpha testing?

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”