Quoridor improvements on mobile device

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
tit

Quoridor improvements on mobile device

Post by tit »

Hi,
it is NOT very easy to select the right place when placing pieces on touch screen.
Is it possible to add visual markers somehow?
Is there a BGA process to share game improvements?
Thanks
RallyAll

Re: Quoridor improvements on mobile device

Post by RallyAll »

This game is impossible to play on mobile device. Will this be fixed? I am unable to find the invisible place to select a fence. I play over chrome. Is there a better web browser to use ?
CraWleR

Post by CraWleR »

I don't have rights to edit the existing code, however I did manage to setup a copy of it and will be working on a mobile friendly version.
CraWleR

Post by CraWleR »

Finished with a more mobile (in particular - touch) friendly version. That should hopefully make it better. Waiting for review before it's released though.

Basic idea is - instead of the site sending the action straight to the server once you click on a possible wall or move location, it shows where it would place the wall or move the character and sends the action to the server ONLY if you click 'Confirm'. Slower, since every move requires 2 clicks, but a lot less error prone.
asfasfoejif2089

Post by asfasfoejif2089 »

I'm quite grateful for this mobile fix, thank you! I know it's been in for a long time but I noticed it when I moved from desktop to mobile during a single game and it was quite helpful. :)

Thanks for your effort on Quoridor, it's one of my favorite games on BGA!

Return to “Quoridor”