Feature Suggestion: Autoplay

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
urbaer

Feature Suggestion: Autoplay

Post by urbaer »

Wondering if there can be some of the non-decisions taken out of the game by adding some logic.

Had one game where a hand contained 5 maki rolls all of which were 2s.

Waiting for a player to decide which of those exactly the same cards they want just slows the game down (in a turn based mode).

Is there a way to implement a logic that says "if the hand only contains same cards and the player doesn't have chopsticks, just give the player the first card?"
frogstar_A

Re: Feature Suggestion: Autoplay

Post by frogstar_A »

Wouldn’t it be confusing for that player though if their turn got auto played? They would be expecting to be passed a pack then suddenly the game skips on to a different pack and a 2 maki appears in their hand. You know the pack only had them but that player wouldn’t have known that. It also could give game information away to other players that a turn skips immediately - it tells everyone else it was 5 of the same thing?
urbaer

Re: Feature Suggestion: Autoplay

Post by urbaer »

Wouldn’t it be confusing for that player though if their turn got auto played?
I'd suggest that it be an option that could be turned on rather than the default
It also could give game information away to other players that a turn skips immediately - it tells everyone else it was 5 of the same thing?
Possibly, but IRL the person going "Ohhh such a tough choice I have" followed by rolling eyes and slamming the card down gives that away too :D

I suppose there's not the ability to say "if the hand only contains same cards and the player doesn't have chopsticks And all other players have had their turn, just give the player the first card?"

Maybe that wouldn't fix the issues that you're brining up, but if it was an option then players would at least be aware that the reveal of info would be a consequence of turning that option on.

Return to “Sushi Go!”