Dodgy rule regarding tiebreaker in two person season race

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
DamoDamoDamo

Dodgy rule regarding tiebreaker in two person season race

Post by DamoDamoDamo »

My mate and I have played a bunch of season races, we love this game! Can't get enough of it right now...

BUT... it just seems crazy and counter-intuitive that player 1 can win the first two races, absolutely crush it, winning all the way, and then player 2 can just sneak in a victory in the final turn of the last race, and they win the entire season!!! :lol:

The tie-breaker is whoever wins the last race!! I can see that might work for a three player game perhaps, even then, you can just play the first two races to get all your cubes right for the last race. Seems like most time spent in front, or something else, anything else almost, would be a better tie-break.

Lucky it's so much fun that that weird rule doesn't ruin it. Anyone else have thoughts on that?
Yasten

Re: Dodgy rule regarding tiebreaker in two person season race

Post by Yasten »

Well, a 3 race season is over if somebody wins 2 races... As it would be the 2 race winner that'd win 2 to 1. 4 race could end in a tie. 5 race no tie. So how could a 3 race end in a tie at score?
DamoDamoDamo

Post by DamoDamoDamo »

If you play a 3 race season two player, points get awarded as follows:

Race One:
1st 4pt
2nd 3pt

Race Two:
1st 5pt
2nd 3pt

Race Three:
1st 6pt
2nd 3pt

So the season doesn't finish if one person wins the first two, it keeps going. In our race my mate thrashed me on the first two, got 9 points, I had 6. I snuck through on the last race and got 6 points, he got 3. 12 points each, I get the victory, the ELO and the glory. Sure we *know* he kinda won, but my name's on the trophy.
Yasten

Post by Yasten »

I didn't know the points system XD But lots of game systems break with the last race result tbh
bostonquad

Post by bostonquad »

I don't think it's dodgy at all that the races are not equally weighted. It contributes to the strategy of the game. One may sacrifice an early race to do better in a later one,.

Return to “Automobiles”