Confirmation / Undo / Restart button

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Chaman Calle

Confirmation / Undo / Restart button

Post by Chaman Calle »

When placing a meeple, I may change my mind. Sometimes I also missclicked somewhere. This causes a gameplay problem, because you have no confirmation/undo/restart button, and you are not allowed to correct your position. Is it possible to integrate some kind of confirmation after placing meeples? Almost all the games have that option.
Jest Phulin

Re: Confirmation / Undo / Restart button

Post by Jest Phulin »

When placing meeples on resources, there is a confirm button. The agriculture/tool/people huts are far enough apart that misclicks shouldn't happen, as are the civilization cards and building huts.

Placing an undo option on "oh, I want to change my mind" is annoying. Players are expected to be able to plan their moves.
nmgara

Post by nmgara »

I disagree. If it's been a whole day since having a turn, all the details of a plan might be forgotten. An undo button would be useful.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

nmgara wrote: 18 August 2021, 02:42 If it's been a whole day since having a turn, all the details of a plan might be forgotten.
Then use the personal notes function to remember the plan. :)
TimmyCha

Post by TimmyCha »

I agree and my friends agree that an undo just in case you miss click is not and shouldn't be a problem. Make it an option if there's people who are against it?
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

In the place worker phase, you already have an option to confirm each of your move. Once confirmed, it is not your turn anymore. So no undo.
In the use worker phase, only actions which are not triggering a dice roll or a card draw could be cancelled, and among these only a few might be useful to cancel (buy a building, an igloo or a card, but some buildings and cards are also triggering a card draw or a dice roll). So I won’t implement a cancel in this phase either.

Return to “Stone Age”