Turn of sound

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
pk5439

Turn of sound

Post by pk5439 »

How do I turn off the sound for when you pick up tokens? I prefer to not have this when playing in a public environment. I don't want to turn of my complete phone sound for this.
epski

Re: Turn of sound

Post by epski »

pk5439 wrote: 18 August 2021, 10:28 How do I turn off the sound for when you pick up tokens? I prefer to not have this when playing in a public environment. I don't want to turn of my complete phone sound for this.
I have never found an option to do this. It's only certain sounds. And it's the only game that overrides the global settings. It's not easy to play on the sly at dinner when you can hear the coin sounds...
FT3

Post by FT3 »

It’s crazy that this hasn’t been fixed yet!

It was a nice surprise when it suddenly appeared fully formed but I think something like this would have been caught and fixed in a proper alpha test group.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

FT3 wrote: 30 August 2021, 01:03 It’s crazy that this hasn’t been fixed yet!

It was a nice surprise when it suddenly appeared fully formed but I think something like this would have been caught and fixed in a proper alpha test group.
This is because it's a bug with the framework, not the game. This was spotted long time ago but devs have no idea why it behaves so inconsistently for playing sounds.
lordalx

Post by lordalx »

That's it.

Furthermore there was also a trick on smartphone to display the sound menu which only appears in landscape mode and users got confused about it

Thanks Tisaac for your reply
FT3

Post by FT3 »

Tisaac wrote: 30 August 2021, 08:28
FT3 wrote: 30 August 2021, 01:03 It’s crazy that this hasn’t been fixed yet!

This is because it's a bug with the framework, not the game. This was spotted long time ago but devs have no idea why it behaves so inconsistently for playing sounds.
Is there a reason it happens in this game but not other games?

Return to “Splendor”