Premium missions?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jellby

Premium missions?

Post by Jellby »

I know you need to be premium in order to open a table with a starting mission higher than 10. However, I occasionally see a table with e.g. starting at mission 35, and no premium users. Is it because, unlike with fully premium games, the table is not automatically closed when all premium users leave?
Tisaac

Re: Premium missions?

Post by Tisaac »

Jellby wrote: 13 September 2021, 18:45 I know you need to be premium in order to open a table with a starting mission higher than 10. However, I occasionally see a table with e.g. starting at mission 35, and no premium users. Is it because, unlike with fully premium games, the table is not automatically closed when all premium users leave?
That's not supposed to happen. They would get stuck at the start of the game anyway because another check is made here.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

So if:
- a prenium member create a table on missions 11+
- then one no prenium member join
- then the prenium number leave
- then other no prenium member join

The table, with missions 11+ will start, but at the start of the game, there will be a special message which explain why the game started at mission 1.
Usually, players just stop the game after one mission. I even got one leave one time.

@Tisaac: if you modify it, take care of that case:
- then a prenium member join
- then the host leave
Because you are left with the host not prenium (so he should not be able to change the settings), but another player is prenium. So the game still imo shouldn't cancel.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Romain672 wrote: 14 September 2021, 07:27 So if:
- then the prenium number leave
- then other no prenium member join

The table, with missions 11+ will start, but at the start of the game, there will be a special message which explain why the game started at mission 1.
Usually, players just stop the game after one mission. I even got one leave one time.

@Tisaac: if you modify it, take care of that case:
- then a prenium member join
- then the host leave
Because you are left with the host not prenium (so he should not be able to change the settings), but another player is prenium. So the game still imo shouldn't cancel.
In principle, the check is looking at premium subscription of all players when the table is launched, so that should work.
You are correct that the check for premium actually only happens at the end of the mission, so you can do the workaround you explained, this should probably be fixed since it's against the wish of the publisher.

Return to “The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine”