Am I in a loop?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Vulcano

Am I in a loop?

Post by Vulcano »

After some time without playing BTS, I joined a match; everything ok untill I fell in a "trap" set by myself (unwittingly): I've spent ALL my resources and I have not even a person... And there is not even one technology that could allow me to spend/burn one of my many ships so I could recover a dice so I could convert it into "persons/people". The only thing I can do right now is move my ship and gain mineral (I have almost 50 minerals..useless)
Am I missing something or I'm indeed in a loop? :?
MoiMagnus

Re: Am I in a loop?

Post by MoiMagnus »

Vulcano wrote: 21 September 2021, 17:26 After some time without playing BTS, I joined a match; everything ok untill I fell in a "trap" set by myself (unwittingly): I've spent ALL my resources and I have not even a person... And there is not even one technology that could allow me to spend/burn one of my many ships so I could recover a dice so I could convert it into "persons/people". The only thing I can do right now is move my ship and gain mineral (I have almost 50 minerals..useless)
You're missing something.
At the end of your turn, choose "Resource trade" and activate "Decommission a Spaceship: The player pays 1 Ore, then takes 1 of their Spaceships from anywhere, and turns it into a Population cube" as many times as you wants. [You can activate as many trade abilities as you want per turn]
CoconutTank

Post by CoconutTank »

Vulcano wrote: 21 September 2021, 17:26 After some time without playing BTS, I joined a match; everything ok untill I fell in a "trap" set by myself (unwittingly): I've spent ALL my resources and I have not even a person... And there is not even one technology that could allow me to spend/burn one of my many ships so I could recover a dice so I could convert it into "persons/people". The only thing I can do right now is move my ship and gain mineral (I have almost 50 minerals..useless)
The last action on the Basic Spacefaring panel lets one get 1 pop and 1 ore, and any number of worker pawns can go to that action, so that is always available if one needs pop or ore in a pinch.
BenInJapan

Post by BenInJapan »

You shouldn't be able to use that action when you have used up all your available cubes as the OP had encountered
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

CoconutTank wrote: 23 September 2021, 07:12 The last action on the Basic Spacefaring panel lets one get 1 pop and 1 ore, and any number of worker pawns can go to that action, so that is always available if one needs pop or ore in a pinch.
The problem OP had is that ALL their cubes where on technologies and spaceship. I've looked at their game (https://boardgamearena.com/9/beyondthes ... =200305780) and his supply is empty, he has 12 spacehips of various strength, and 8 technologies.

So even this basic spacefaring action would not work as their supply is empty. That's why I advised to use "decommission a spaceship" instead.
Vulcano

Post by Vulcano »

THANKS A LOT.
Never had to use that "Resource trade" option, so for was like..."invisible"

It was so embarrassingly simple... :oops:
CoconutTank

Post by CoconutTank »

Ah, thanks for the corrections, glad that Vulcano can get pop nonetheless.

Return to “Beyond the Sun”