Layout Suggestion

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
TexArcher

Layout Suggestion

Post by TexArcher »

First, thanks for adding one of my favorite games!

Just a suggestion: there's room to make the main board a little narrower from left to right, then stack the player boards alongside the main board from top to bottom. Most people play this 2-player, so there would hardly be any scrolling necessary. And we could see our own estate and the main board simultaneously.

Otherwise, the adaptation plays great and thanks again.
fafa-fr

Re: Layout Suggestion

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi, glad that you enjoy this game :)

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "there's room to make the main board a little narrower". The board is full, and I already packed things down so that the board is as narrow as possible. But it's possible to make it narrower by resizing its content: did you notice that there's a User preference that changes the zoom level of the game area? This can make boards and tiles smaller, allowing you to see more boards at the same time.
This zoom level can be set by clicking the cog icon in your player panel. (It can also be set in the two usual places for user preferences: in the "hamburger menu" in the top right corner, and in the "Options" tab below the game area.)

Hope this will be fine for you.
TexArcher

Post by TexArcher »

Ah, yes, that worked great! Apologies -- I didn't notice the zoom feature.
PappyGarcia

Post by PappyGarcia »

I wish all the games had the zoom function!
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

PappyGarcia wrote: 24 September 2021, 04:42 I wish all the games had the zoom function!
Or just use zoom feature of your browser ?
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Tisaac wrote: 24 September 2021, 12:26
PappyGarcia wrote: 24 September 2021, 04:42 I wish all the games had the zoom function!
Or just use zoom feature of your browser ?
There are at least two benefits to have a user preference for in-game zoom in addition to the browser zoom:
- It zooms only the game elements and not the rest of the page (which is sometimes what you want and sometimes not, so it's good to have a choice).
- It zooms only the tab you're in, and not all other BGA tabs. And it remembers the setting for each game.

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”