Pourquoi cette règle ??

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Meeplelowda

Re: Pourquoi cette règle ??

Post by Meeplelowda »

Desperis wrote: 17 September 2021, 12:20 Btw, I have a very nice idea for an advanced, purely abstract, variant of the game I believe. Instead of rings, use rings that are stroke by a line. Every time you play, chose the orientation of the line to force your opponent to play along that line instead of that being decide by the board. I think it might work.
Interesting idea.
megamau

Post by megamau »

Desperis wrote: 17 September 2021, 12:20 Btw, I have a very nice idea for an advanced, purely abstract, variant of the game I believe. Instead of rings, use rings that are stroke by a line. Every time you play, chose the orientation of the line to force your opponent to play along that line instead of that being decide by the board. I think it might work.
Interesting variation.
My opinion is that the game is already purely abstract. The random setup is known to both players at the beginning and does not change.
Of course it could be advantageous for the first or second player, but that is true of the opening position of any game (chess, checkers, etc.).

In this regard, Insert is the same as Chess 960 (FRC).
Desperis

Post by Desperis »

megamau wrote: 27 September 2021, 10:51
My opinion is that the game is already purely abstract. The random setup is known to both players at the beginning and does not change.
Of course it could be advantageous for the first or second player, but that is true of the opening position of any game (chess, checkers, etc.).

In this regard, Insert is the same as Chess 960 (FRC).
You are of course right ;) I juste meant a nice nice purely abstract game without implying that the game is not purely abstract in the current form.

Return to “Insert”