Scoring

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
LegGodt

Scoring

Post by LegGodt »

Hi, sorry if this info is available elsewhere, but it seems like the scoring for this online version is not the same as in the original hardcopy. If two people have the same number of buildings, they are supposed to split the points for first rounded down and then the next person is supposed to get all the points for second, or so I understand it, but this does not seem to happen and the rounding seems to be rounding up and just generally confusing when I try to watch the animations of the flying numbers during the scoring round. Any elucidation would be appreciated, cheers :)
Tisaac

Re: Scoring

Post by Tisaac »

LegGodt wrote: 30 September 2021, 11:06 Hi, sorry if this info is available elsewhere, but it seems like the scoring for this online version is not the same as in the original hardcopy. If two people have the same number of buildings, they are supposed to split the points for first rounded down and then the next person is supposed to get all the points for second, or so I understand it, but this does not seem to happen and the rounding seems to be rounding up and just generally confusing when I try to watch the animations of the flying numbers during the scoring round. Any elucidation would be appreciated, cheers :)
Not sure where you get that from, the rulebook clearly states :
"If several players tie, the points for the respective places are shared. Points are always rounded down."
"Kim and Nina each have 4 towers. They share the points for 1st and 2nd place: 13 + 6 = 19 points. The number is divided by two and rounded down so they are each awarded 9 points"
Yasten

Post by Yasten »

Wait, why would 3rd get 2nd's points if there's a tie?
LegGodt

Post by LegGodt »

Ah, I must have been misremembering. Did not realise the first and second were added together, just that they'd share first. Thanks for clarification.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Yasten wrote: 30 September 2021, 22:37 Wait, why would 3rd get 2nd's points if there's a tie?
Because that's the case in some games, for instance Kingdom Builder.
But not for Alhambra :)

Return to “Alhambra”