Needs rebalancing?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BrianLovesMarvel

Needs rebalancing?

Post by BrianLovesMarvel »

Hi guys,

I tried this with my friends tonight and I just ran away with the game using the military option.

Seems like there are too many high powered planets and developments available to the military player, and there is no cost to having military, you don't spend it.

Maybe a rebalancing is in order? Fun, good variety, nice action choice, etc. What about a tech track that lets you gain planets, similar to the military track? Otherwise you spend and spend to get worlds, while the military player just zooms ahead.

Final score: 50 - 34 - 28.

Best wishes, Brian
porwat

Re: Needs rebalancing?

Post by porwat »

Really? I am a completely new player to New Frontiers and so far played two games and won both going mostly "low economy", i.e. buying cheap planets, producing, trading and consuming tons of goods with right developments. My scoring were like 50 or 60 versus 40ish of more military players going for planets.
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

If anything is overpowered in this game it is certainly not Military in 3P game.
Rsabbado

Post by Rsabbado »

I've writen a reply in this other topic, created by the player who got 2nd in your game, who also claims military overpower.

https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 63&t=22754
grouchooooo

Post by grouchooooo »

I find galactic developers to be more unbalanced. Once a player has it, I find most people will spam the "Develop" action and snowball. It's hard to catch up especially since it triggers end game so quickly.

Return to “New Frontiers”