two most common mistakes Dog and Dragon passing

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mrbass

two most common mistakes Dog and Dragon passing

Post by mrbass »

I've seen good rated players after winning a trick with the dragon give it to an opponent who has already gone out thus giving them 25 points or more.

The rule is the last player to go out must give any cards still left in their hand to opponents who score any 5's, 10's or K's. Any trick points won that round by the last player are given to the first player out.

Clockwise or counterclockwise / left or right forget it as its confusing. When all four players are still in the round playing Dogs skips the NEXT active player so the lead goes to your teammate. Same when referring to passing conventions shouldn't refer to left or right just to the player who follows you or precedes you Reverse Fuegi convention is pass EVEN to who follows you and ODD to who precedes you.

If your partner is out it skips the NEXT active player who follows you and goes to the 3rd player who precedes you to play since your partner is out. i haven't seen anyone make this mistake.

The mistake i see is when only you and an opponent are left. Playing Dog will give you the lead ONLY if the player who follows you is still the remaining player is in the round since that player will be skipped. Think of a circle and like i said doesn't matter if playing clockwise or counterclockwise if the player who follows you is out and the 2nd player, your partner, is out then you will pass the lead to your opponent who would be the player who precedes you.
Silene

Re: two most common mistakes Dog and Dragon passing

Post by Silene »

As you state it, these are not mistakes in general:
mrbass wrote: 22 October 2021, 16:00 I've seen good rated players after winning a trick with the dragon give it to an opponent who has already gone out thus giving them 25 points or more.
I always give Dragon to opposing player who's already out IF he was out first (it doesn't matter but it's cooler to show you realized he's getting it anyway).
mrbass wrote: 22 October 2021, 16:00 The mistake i see is when only you and an opponent are left. Playing Dog will give you the lead ONLY if the player who follows you is still the remaining player is in the round since that player will be skipped. Think of a circle and like i said doesn't matter if playing clockwise or counterclockwise if the player who follows you is out and the 2nd player, your partner, is out then you will pass the lead to your opponent who would be the player who precedes you.
Playing the dog so my opponent comes out might still better than playing my single-10 that he can overtake, leaving me with dog as my last card

But yeah, if you specify a bit more precisely I get your point ^^
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Qualitaetsgarant

Post by Qualitaetsgarant »

+1 to Silenes posting. Giving dragon to the player that already finished is a thing if that guy is first.
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

ah yes I'm an idiot. It only matters if both haven't gone out.

ok to clafiry i think the rule can be simplified like so

Playing dog skips player who follows you and gives lead to the next active player. It doesn't skip player who precedes you.

Return to “Tichu”