passing until next round

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
KettyJcK

passing until next round

Post by KettyJcK »

I think it would be great to have the option to pass until next round if you dont want to make any other actions (like in St Petersburg)
purple1203

Re: passing until next round

Post by purple1203 »

I haven't played St Petersburg so I can't comment on the comparison but for Lost Ruins of Arnak - on your turn there is a Pass button. Clicking that means you have passed and don't want to take more actions till the next round.
Isn't that what you're asking for?
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

I think what they mean is that when you end your last turn you then have to wait until your next turn to pass.

That said, if the game state changes you might not want to pass-- e.g. the available tool or relic cards change and you can afford one now. So I think the current interface is fine.
CptPugwash

Post by CptPugwash »

100% agree with the OP.

At the moment i reckon 50% of turn based tourney games don't finish.

ANYTHING that reduces that is a winner as far as I'm concerned.
AdamPalma

Post by AdamPalma »

nandblock wrote: 05 August 2021, 17:31 I think what they mean is that when you end your last turn you then have to wait until your next turn to pass.

That said, if the game state changes you might not want to pass-- e.g. the available tool or relic cards change and you can afford one now. So I think the current interface is fine.
While this is true, you wouldn't have to use this feature. It would be a great option. I almost always know a turn in advance when I will pass. On those rare occasions where I might be saving up compasses only for a specific artifact, I could not click it.

King of Tokyo has a similar option where you can set yourself to automatically leave Tokyo or automatically stay. It's very helpful for keeping the game moving, and you have to opt into it, so if you're worried about missing something, just don't opt in.
BigJ

Post by BigJ »

I saw a note on the main page from the developer saying they added this feature, but I can't seem to find the button/check box/feature anywhere. Can someone please tell me where to look for this?

"Hello everyone and thanks for playing.

I just added a frequently requested feature of choosing to pass on your following turn during your opponents' turns. Hope it works smoothly."
nccc

Post by nccc »

I once saw that button, but like 1 or 2 weeks ago.
Yet it's gone now. Cant find it now either.

Return to “Lost Ruins of Arnak”