Turn order

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
patrober

Turn order

Post by patrober »

How is first player/turn order generated? I play KB with the same 2 friends and it seems like the last few games that turn order and player start has been the same.
Jest Phulin

Re: Turn order

Post by Jest Phulin »

As with all games on BGA, turn order is determined by the BGA framework. It is completely random, unless some factor at table creation (teams, rematch, etc.) overrides it.

But, looking at it from a probability standpoint, it isn't that rare. With 3 total players there are only 6 ways to assign starting player and turn order. Getting back-to-back configurations that are the same has the same probability as throwing doubles with 2 6-sided dice: 1 in 36. Three of the same configuration happens about 0.5% of the time. While that doesn't seem like much, given the large number of plays of games here it is bound to happen.
steve5332

Post by steve5332 »

Jest Phulin wrote: 02 November 2021, 22:14 But, looking at it from a probability standpoint, it isn't that rare. With 3 total players there are only 6 ways to assign starting player and turn order. Getting back-to-back configurations that are the same has the same probability as throwing doubles with 2 6-sided dice: 1 in 36. Three of the same configuration happens about 0.5% of the time. While that doesn't seem like much, given the large number of plays of games here it is bound to happen.
Not quite. There are 6 different starting configurations, yes. But once you have played a game the odds of having another game with the same configuration is 1 in 6, not 1 in 36. Three of the same configuration is therefore 1 in 36. Also the probability of throwing doubles with 2 6-sided dice is 1 in 6, not 1 in 36. Throwing a specific double, such as a pair of 4s, is 1 in 36.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Sigh. You are correct. I was apparently tired when I wrote this, and gave wrong information. Thank you for the correction.

Return to “Kingdom Builder”