How to get gold rails on lower lines?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
randusnuder

How to get gold rails on lower lines?

Post by randusnuder »

I see that the third rail doesn't allow advanced lines (beyond green) until the overlay is put in place. However, In my last game, when I unlocked golden rails for the top track, it didn't unlock them for track #2.

Is there a specific additional space for getting the golden rails on tracks #2 and #3?
Patrick of the Isles

Re: How to get gold rails on lower lines?

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

If you have silver and gold tracks unlocked you can move them on the second or upgraded third tracks, however they do not "appear" on the display, you simply click space one of the track and it will advance them. It's somewhat of an unintuitive interface.
randusnuder

Post by randusnuder »

Not sure I understand, are you saying I won't see a gold rail on the track, even as I advance it?

That would be very unintuitive.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

There is only 1 gold track and it can be used anywhere.

When you want to move your gold track, if you look closely, you'll see that there is one spot highlighted on each track (assuming that you have met the conditions for those tracks).

Of course, as you have only 1 gold track, if you advance your gold track say on the Beijing line and later click to "advance" it to position one on the Seoul line, you'll lose any advance previously made on the Beijing line...

https://imgur.com/a/YbIjmhC

You can see here that 1 spot is highlighted on the Beijing line and one on the Seoul line.

Return to “Ultimate Railroads”