keep track of win streaks

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Wreckage

keep track of win streaks

Post by Wreckage »

Here's an idea: It would be fun if bandido kept track of your win streak with your current partners, and kept that tally going each time you play with the same exact team. There could be a counter somewhere on the page. The streak would be reset to 0 when you lose a game.

I think this would help this particular game's popularity.
nccc

Re: keep track of win streaks

Post by nccc »

If they would like to do this, they wouldnt have cancelled the leaderboard..
aghagh

Post by aghagh »

Not a bad idea, but I'm afraid many players would just abandon games before breaking their streaks. BGA should address the abandon policy first. This applies to all full coop games.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

nccc wrote: 17 October 2021, 12:19 If they would like to do this, they wouldnt have cancelled the leaderboard..
This has nothing to do with a leaderboard or competing with the rest of BGA. This is more about helping you and your partner keep track of your current streak and trying to beat your own record.
aghagh wrote: 17 October 2021, 14:35 Not a bad idea, but I'm afraid many players would just abandon games before breaking their streaks. BGA should address the abandon policy first. This applies to all full coop games.

True, an abandoned game would have to end the streak just like a loss would.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

And then you start 50 games in turn based, be at one turn to win in 25 of them, and lose and finish the 25 others, and then finish the 25 wins. And have a 25 win-streak :D
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Good point Romain, people will find ways to cheat.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

We got to 70 this time....then lost.
FT3

Post by FT3 »

I think this is a nice idea - and it could just be for personal pleasure - your group can see the win streak when you’re playing, if anyone wants to cheat the system somehow... knock yourself out! It won’t effect anyone else who’s not involved in your game(s).
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Wreckage wrote: 07 November 2021, 16:29We got to 70 this time....then lost.
Precise the number of players, that's really important.
It was 2 I believe.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Yes, 2 players. My second highest streak is 41 with a different partner. I can keep track of a streak like this pretty easy, but I have no idea where I am with other partners or 3-player games. My suggestion is that BGA keeps track of these for me. Otherwise if I think we've been winning enough to start keeping track, I need to go to my history and manually count.

Return to “Bandido”