Thoughts on the new edition

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tadachini

Re: Thoughts on the new edition

Post by Tadachini »

I have been playing a lot of 6p games recently and experimented with both Alex and Oly.

Olympia I prefer side A, I focus on war, and don't build blue until age 3. With 6p, there are 2 pantheons and 1 palace, so you can get a high value card for free. You also have more guilds in play, and you also get one for free. It's not a huge boost but at least makes the 2nd stage worth it. Side B I don't get, last card is always shit, first card you rarely have problems building.

For Alex, I always go side A. You don't really need forum as you already have 1 grey, and you can simply build another one to be pretty much covered. Having 2 greys also means you get coins from trade, which makes your life easier. Step 2 is quite easy to get, sometimes you can even do it in Age 1 if you are lucky with cards. Then you focus on blue and war. Side B with 4 wood is too risky, it forced me to build double wood in 70% of the games which I don't want to. So you are either without stage 3 or spend 1 turn in Age 2 for resource that you don't need.

Return to “7 Wonders”