Challengers 2 - is it coming to BGA?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
khoinm

Re: Challengers 2 - is it coming to BGA?

Post by khoinm »

I think if we could have an earlier update relating to the drafting phase and the new dog special effect might be interesting to see the new meta of the game besides from having trainers and stuffs haha.

I hope it would be a reality to see the small bits update like those first.
gabegolfer

Post by gabegolfer »

yes, the ability to draft many more C cards will defiantly change the value of many B cards.
Eragem

Post by Eragem »

gabegolfer wrote: 11 October 2023, 19:31 yes, the ability to draft many more C cards will defiantly change the value of many B cards.
The 3 A cards in first round and the B cards one round earlier will changes things too.
That, then the new decks, and the game will be really different
gabegolfer

Post by gabegolfer »

I think the only downside to this change is that some cards will defiantly become non-viable. One of the amazing things about the current game is that sometimes you are forced to make due with cards you don't really like. With more options, you can be more picky I think.
gpope

Post by gpope »

gabegolfer wrote: 12 October 2023, 17:44 I think the only downside to this change is that some cards will defiantly become non-viable. One of the amazing things about the current game is that sometimes you are forced to make due with cards you don't really like. With more options, you can be more picky I think.
I think it probably winds up increasing deck variety overall. You still draw the same number of cards in round 1 but get to pick an extra one out of the leftovers, which means you're more likely to wind up with some random junk after round 1. That also makes the round 2 choice more interesting since it increases your odds of finding a duplicate.

Having the option to break into C early might also help some marginal A cards that start off strong and fall away later on, like Make-Up Artist and friends. If you rely on early game Newcomer synergies then you have very little room for Bs, so skipping to Cs ASAP might help those decks scale better lategame.
gabegolfer

Post by gabegolfer »

Not having seen a list of all the new cards, is there any new ultra powerful base power 2 cards that can be synergized with the necromancer like stable boy, mascot, and teenager?
lostmycookie

Post by lostmycookie »

Same here!! The hype train is real 😂

I would be interested in statistics to see whether Chhallenger is now one of the top games. It would get even stronger with Challenger 2!
NLi10

Post by NLi10 »

khoinm wrote: 11 October 2023, 04:16 I think if we could have an earlier update relating to the drafting phase and the new dog special effect might be interesting to see the new meta of the game besides from having trainers and stuffs haha.

I hope it would be a reality to see the small bits update like those first.
Similarly It'd be cool to get the Frost promo lane in as an option for Christmas :D
superginger

Post by superginger »

gabegolfer wrote: 12 October 2023, 17:44 I think the only downside to this change is that some cards will defiantly become non-viable.
Some cards may be made non-viable, but there's no reason they can't do so with grace and courtesy. To become non-viable with open resistance and bold disobedience will only make things worse for them.

There are currently cards which are non-viable. Part of the game, or any game that requires choice among cards, is that you must choose the best options, and if all options are too similar then there is less game to be played.
Miso_Katsu_Don

Post by Miso_Katsu_Don »

gabegolfer wrote: 13 October 2023, 18:02 Not having seen a list of all the new cards, is there any new ultra powerful base power 2 cards that can be synergized with the necromancer like stable boy, mascot, and teenager?
Maybe zombies.
His power increases while attacking by the number of cards in the user's exhaust pile.

Return to “Challengers”