Research Station Petting Zoo Warning

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
joldfield1000

Re: Research Station Petting Zoo Warning

Post by joldfield1000 »

I made this mistake too. I tried to recue three pets and then play 3 more (I had five and was looking for a 6th) for c. 45 points but instead the rescued pets were just discarded... Thankfully my opponent graciously agreed to abort.
SpajderDzerusalem

Re: Research Station Petting Zoo Warning

Post by SpajderDzerusalem »

Monkeyunit wrote: 15 January 2024, 20:22
Azoken wrote: 15 January 2024, 11:47 He is talking about one of the "New" maps. If you could dig for pet, the one you would play afterward could award 12, 15 and then 18 appeals.

But the creators were smart and didn't walk right into that pitfall.
That would mean you find and dig 3 petting zoo animals, and then 3 more to play.
At that point opponents will know about your plan and can pick the petting zoo animals before you.
I feel this would be more balanced than being able to play Expert on Asia, place pavillion, dig Asian Elephant from display.
Get 2 more pavillion and appeal from expert and being able to do Asia project next action or later that round.
( and yes, this was used against me irl)
I think it is more like a thematic reasons.
It represents rescue zoos, which save wild animals from poachers and Tiger King-type personas, doesn't make whole lot of sense with farm animals that much(maybe does with horses I guess). Same way there is no sense to "release" petting zoo into the wild.

Return to “Ark Nova”