Page 2 of 3

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 17 August 2026, 01:34
by JustAnItch
ainaki100 wrote: ↑14 August 2026, 23:53 I am not pleased to be the only one bringing this up here on BGA.

Supporting TM or FryxGames... etc.
Judging purely from your post as well as a quick Google search, I can see why you're the only one bringing this up here. BGA is a board game website, not a forum for political pundits. Gaming platforms are and should be a common safe haven where people of opposing values can come together harmoniously for pure and clean entertainment. The allegations against FryxGames' CEO doesn't translate into TM itself. Besides, even if political and social veiws of a game's dev are as relevant for it being allowed on BGA as you imply, the claims against him aren't even universally accepted as negative.

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 17 August 2026, 13:07
by ScrumptiousSnack
ainaki100 wrote: ↑14 August 2026, 23:53 I am not pleased to be the only one bringing this up here on BGA.

Supporting TM or FryxGames in general means supporting people that are actively promoting the usage of generative AI by selling their latest TM themed game which is illustrated by using AI art.. AND are okay with sharing hateful/problematic views on equal human rigts. They have yet to make a public apology regarding Enoch Fryxelius's transphobic comments. For more information, see the many forum posts regarding the subject on BGG, for example.

Here's one link that covers a lot surrounding the controversy. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/370744 ... ase/page/1
Thank you for sharing. I, for one, will be skipping this game and hesitating to support this company in the future. I'm not okay with financially supporting people who use their platform to spread hateful views about trans people, who are just trying to live their lives and never asked for their mere existence to become a political flashpoint.

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 18 August 2026, 05:38
by bamb1n0
Wellsfan89 wrote: ↑14 August 2026, 04:34 When can we get the Ares Expedition next?

+1

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 18 August 2026, 23:12
by Xaykev
JustAnItch wrote: ↑17 August 2026, 01:34
ainaki100 wrote: ↑14 August 2026, 23:53 I am not pleased to be the only one bringing this up here on BGA.

Supporting TM or FryxGames... etc.
Judging purely from your post as well as a quick Google search, I can see why you're the only one bringing this up here. BGA is a board game website, not a forum for political pundits. Gaming platforms are and should be a common safe haven where people of opposing values can come together harmoniously for pure and clean entertainment. The allegations against FryxGames' CEO doesn't translate into TM itself. Besides, even if political and social veiws of a game's dev are as relevant for it being allowed on BGA as you imply, the claims against him aren't even universally accepted as negative.
This.
I am so tired of people that are stating their political views on every platform possible.
This is a gaming site, and you know it. Still you need to bring up your political view here.

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 19 August 2026, 01:37
by illy831
ainaki100 wrote: ↑14 August 2026, 23:53 I am not pleased to be the only one bringing this up here on BGA.

Supporting TM or FryxGames in general means supporting people that are actively promoting the usage of generative AI by selling their latest TM themed game which is illustrated by using AI art.. AND are okay with sharing hateful/problematic views on equal human rigts. They have yet to make a public apology regarding Enoch Fryxelius's transphobic comments. For more information, see the many forum posts regarding the subject on BGG, for example.

Here's one link that covers a lot surrounding the controversy. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/370744 ... ase/page/1
I'm glad you brought this up and am disappointed but not surprised to see the blowback.

It's a free enough world both for people to express their views, however ugly and harmful, and also to be held accountable for them. We get to choose what enterprises we support. A game maker who lauds "trans women aren't women" as "brilliant" and "common sense" is contributing to an awful and increasingly dangerous experience for trans people. It's up to everyone individually to judge whether their statement since then amounts to a corrective or an insincere, unapologetic papering over of the issue. I find it to be the latter, and I'm not OK with it. That's not political punditry, either — that's just me preferring a world where trans people aren't hounded from public spaces, and preferring to refrain from celebrating those who would like to see that and would like to see more people believing as they do.

"No politics" is such a tiresome copout for "I have views and I want you to accept them rather than criticize them." Enoch freely put his out there, it's fair for them to follow him around for better or worse.

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 20 August 2026, 02:43
by BeetleBuddy
ainaki100 wrote: ↑14 August 2026, 23:53 I am not pleased to be the only one bringing this up here on BGA.

Supporting TM or FryxGames in general means supporting people that are actively promoting the usage of generative AI by selling their latest TM themed game which is illustrated by using AI art.. AND are okay with sharing hateful/problematic views on equal human rigts. They have yet to make a public apology regarding Enoch Fryxelius's transphobic comments. For more information, see the many forum posts regarding the subject on BGG, for example.

Here's one link that covers a lot surrounding the controversy. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/370744 ... ase/page/1
Hard agree with this one. When I first heard the news of their use of AI art, I got rid of my physical copy of this game and Ares Expedition. I really enjoyed Ares Expedition but could not support any company that is fine with using AI art. Now, hearing of Fryzelius's comments, that's another huge reason I will not be supporting any of thier games.

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 28 August 2026, 04:31
by TerrestrialBeing
JustAnItch wrote: ↑17 August 2026, 01:34
ainaki100 wrote: ↑14 August 2026, 23:53 I am not pleased to be the only one bringing this up here on BGA.

Supporting TM or FryxGames... etc.
Judging purely from your post as well as a quick Google search, I can see why you're the only one bringing this up here. BGA is a board game website, not a forum for political pundits. Gaming platforms are and should be a common safe haven where people of opposing values can come together harmoniously for pure and clean entertainment. The allegations against FryxGames' CEO doesn't translate into TM itself. Besides, even if political and social veiws of a game's dev are as relevant for it being allowed on BGA as you imply, the claims against him aren't even universally accepted as negative.
Kudos for being a reasonable levelheaded human.

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 29 August 2026, 21:40
by Charnwood
Keep politics out of gaming. You don't like someone else's opinion? Fine. That's your right but I literally don't care. All I want to know here is whether or not the game is any good or not. Couple of conflicting opinions on that so I guess I'm going to have to dig deeper...

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 06 September 2026, 15:47
by Angel_walker
I like TM the dice game
Its mostly for people who like dice rolling and dice manipulation combined with that overall TM feeling
It does take some time to play so its still a medium-length game
It offers nice tactical choices

Politics should clearly not be put on BGA.
I have no issue with AI art as long as it doesnt steal from artists.

I support transwomen/transgender, but even then i feel that they occupy a category of their own.
Maybe some are woman enough that they can be better regarded as women, but clearly most are an in-between mix that you cannot fully compare them neither to a natural man nor natural woman and thus are a seperate category.
Its like mixing 2 colors of paint; most of the resulting shades clearly do not fit as either one of those original colors, and only a 90+ % content of one color would come close enough to that aspired original color.

Re: Terraforming Mars: The Dice Game

Posted: 07 September 2026, 04:40
by WrenOuttaTime
ainaki100 wrote: ↑14 August 2026, 23:53 I am not pleased to be the only one bringing this up here on BGA.

Supporting TM or FryxGames in general means supporting people that are actively promoting the usage of generative AI by selling their latest TM themed game which is illustrated by using AI art.. AND are okay with sharing hateful/problematic views on equal human rigts. They have yet to make a public apology regarding Enoch Fryxelius's transphobic comments. For more information, see the many forum posts regarding the subject on BGG, for example.

Here's one link that covers a lot surrounding the controversy. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/370744 ... ase/page/1
I was hoping somebody else would bring this up. Thank you for this. I see that you are getting the usual "leave politics out of it" pushback, but I think it's important to put all the information out there so everyone can make an informed decision about their support.

If people don't want to be reminded of companies doing crummy things, that speaks more about them shelving their own accountability in anything.

We are told to speak with our wallets, and when we do it's all "just a game."