Page 2 of 3
Re: Pondscape - Croaking Bad
Posted: 22 August 2026, 22:41
by lefalaf
Meeplelowda wrote: ↑22 August 2026, 19:41
lefalaf wrote: ↑21 August 2026, 20:36
“Croaking Bad”? Interesting, the AI, or whomever, is now offering opinions on the quality of games.
Or maybe, as is the style of many of these announcements, it's a pun based on "Breaking Bad."
I thought that might be the case, but having never seen the show, and I doubt I'm alone, it just looks, well, bad.
Wonder what the connection is. I don't recall the game being about meth.
Re: Pondscape - Croaking Bad
Posted: 23 August 2026, 06:28
by tttiiinnnaaa
I just came here to say; that frog is so freaking cute!!

Re: Pondscape - Croaking Bad
Posted: 23 August 2026, 06:59
by Meeplelowda
lefalaf wrote: ↑22 August 2026, 22:41
Meeplelowda wrote: ↑22 August 2026, 19:41
lefalaf wrote: ↑21 August 2026, 20:36
“Croaking Bad”? Interesting, the AI, or whomever, is now offering opinions on the quality of games.
Or maybe, as is the style of many of these announcements, it's a pun based on "Breaking Bad."
I thought that might be the case, but having never seen the show, and I doubt I'm alone, it just looks, well, bad.
Wonder what the connection is. I don't recall the game being about meth.
Some of them are kinda forced and don't really tie in to the theme/mechanics. Like "DNUP: Everything, Everywhere, All At Your Table!" I think Croaking Bad falls in that category.
But some of my recent favorites:
Nucleum: Ohm Alone
Emberleaf: Groot Expectations
Pyramis: Block to the Future
Re: Pondscape - Croaking Bad
Posted: 23 August 2026, 08:48
by lefalaf
Meeplelowda wrote: ↑23 August 2026, 06:59
lefalaf wrote: ↑22 August 2026, 22:41
Meeplelowda wrote: ↑22 August 2026, 19:41
Or maybe, as is the style of many of these announcements, it's a pun based on "Breaking Bad."
I thought that might be the case, but having never seen the show, and I doubt I'm alone, it just looks, well, bad.
Wonder what the connection is. I don't recall the game being about meth.
Some of them are kinda forced and don't really tie in to the theme/mechanics. Like "DNUP: Everything, Everywhere, All At Your Table!" I think Croaking Bad falls in that category.
But some of my recent favorites:
Nucleum: Ohm Alone
Emberleaf: Groot Expectations
Pyramis: Block to the Future
Seems they are just instructing the AI to pick a random movie/series title to pair with, and aren't (always) bothering to redo it when it spits out slop. At least those three made sense. A human would attempt to make every selection / post make sense.
Re: Pondscape - Croaking Bad
Posted: 24 August 2026, 03:25
by drewco
lefalaf wrote: ↑21 August 2026, 20:36
“Croaking Bad”? Interesting, the AI, or whomever, is now offering opinions on the quality of games.
The game's actually good. What about Ribbiting Fun?
Re: Pondscape - Croaking Bad
Posted: 24 August 2026, 03:28
by lefalaf
drewco wrote: ↑24 August 2026, 03:25
lefalaf wrote: ↑21 August 2026, 20:36
“Croaking Bad”? Interesting, the AI, or whomever, is now offering opinions on the quality of games.
The game's actually good. What about Ribbiting Fun?
Sounds much more enticing.
Re: Pondscape - Croaking Bad
Posted: 24 August 2026, 04:40
by Meeplelowda
drewco wrote: ↑24 August 2026, 03:25
What about Ribbiting Fun?
Much better. Want to take over writing the release announcements?
Re: Pondscape - Croaking Bad
Posted: 24 August 2026, 08:39
by BalGAmor
Thanks for your remarks on the title. I don't always get it right but I try... I made an edit as it seems lie a popular one. Thanks for the suggestion drewco.
Meeplelowda wrote: ↑22 August 2026, 19:41
it's a pun based on "Breaking Bad."
That's what it was, nothing else. No judgement on the game there.
Re: Pondscape - Ribbiting Fun
Posted: 24 August 2026, 10:18
by yodamus
Agreed ribbiting fun. Is much better. Very good game. Keep up the good work.
Re: Pondscape - Ribbiting Fun
Posted: 31 August 2026, 03:23
by Meisie84
Super happy to see this one here. The digital gameplay is great, thank you!