Why does Kalah have fewer players than other popular games?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ZIO SALUD

Re: Why does Kalah have fewer players than other popular games?

Post by ZIO SALUD »

Anyway.... There are few Kalah players because It Is a game that you love or hate.
I like Azul and ForestShuffle, both great games with a good part of strategy but they are ruined by the "luck factor" so when I discovered kalah it was love at first sight, but it depends... Bao or Bobail are similari games but I do not like them... Like Go or other strategic abstract games....
ZIO SALUD

Post by ZIO SALUD »

Regarding tournaments that can be found... They are 4 Stones and It is ok for me, but not without pie rule! How can people play 4 Stones and no pie rule, It has no sense
Roua

Post by Roua »

ZIO SALUD wrote: 08 May 2024, 11:43 Regarding tournaments that can be found... They are 4 Stones and It is ok for me, but not without pie rule! How can people play 4 Stones and no pie rule, It has no sense
play at 6 :)
Roua

Post by Roua »

Ceaseless wrote: 07 May 2024, 14:04 Kalah doesn't seem to be a very popular game here
Kalah doesn't seem to be a very popular game here, but Arena is a bad idea. Strong players do not meet each other.
ZIO SALUD

Post by ZIO SALUD »

Roua wrote: 08 May 2024, 21:03
ZIO SALUD wrote: 08 May 2024, 11:43 Regarding tournaments that can be found... They are 4 Stones and It is ok for me, but not without pie rule! How can people play 4 Stones and no pie rule, It has no sense
Yeah, Trepiastok already told me the same thing a long time ago but 6 Stones are too much for me...
I prefer 4 at the Moment, Just to gain some Elo, each time I delete my account I have to start from zero again...
Roua

Post by Roua »

ZIO SALUD wrote: 09 May 2024, 07:00
Roua wrote: 08 May 2024, 21:03
Yeah, Trepiastok already told me the same thing a long time ago but 6 Stones are too much for me...
I prefer 4 at the Moment, Just to gain some Elo, each time I delete my account I have to start from zero again...
Kalah-4 relies too much on the first move. You need to start with Kalakh-6, and then move on to 5 and 4.
ZIO SALUD

Post by ZIO SALUD »

I already played 6 but It Is too much for me
Roua

Post by Roua »

jp1052kyo wrote: 07 May 2024, 13:10 It is necessary to raise the player level and increase the number of continuing players, but if we divide the Arena mode into equal classes such as Bronze, Silver, Gold, Elite, etc. and match players within each class, and allow them to move up or down in class depending on the points they have, then players will be able to play against people of a similar level reliably, which I think will make playing Kalaha more fun.
Да.
Roua

Post by Roua »

Я могу проанализировать партию, разумеется, в моём понимании.

I can analyze the game, of course, in my understanding.
Roua

Post by Roua »

ZIO SALUD wrote: 11 May 2024, 16:03 I already played 6 but It Is too much for me
and Kalah-5?

Return to “Kalah”